|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What served as an admission that the levees only system was a failure?
(a) Building more jetties.
(b) Blowing up the levee south of New Orleans.
(c) Blowing up the levee west of New Orleans.
(d) Opening all the crevasses.
2. Why do the newspapers run reports that Butler is giving fair repayments?
(a) Butler is paying them off.
(b) Butler threatened to sue.
(c) They are afraid of Butler.
(d) They believe he is actually making these repayments.
3. Who is the obvious candidate for presidency when Coolidge declines a bid for reelection?
(b) LeRoy Percy.
4. What do the refugees of St. Bernard and Plaquemines Parish begin to seek?
(a) Money for the damages.
(b) Help in rebuilding.
(c) Supplies to restart their businesses.
(d) Food and water.
5. What is significant about the piece of legislature allowing the structural change in the river?
(a) It is the cheapest one congress enacts.
(b) It will be the most expensive one Congress enacts.
(c) It is the shortest one congress enacts.
(d) It is the longest one congress enacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the finances in New Orleans?
2. What happens as the rain continues to fall in the Delta area?
3. In 1928, what are the blacks in the Delta region doing?
4. Who does Hoover select as the chairman of the Colored Advisory Committee?
5. What makes the racial tensions obvious in Greenville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the flood relief become more organized under the order of Hoover?
2. How does Will Percy respond to the waters rising again and levees in ruins?
3. Simpson and others try to find a solution to the reimbursement problems by holding conferences with Butler. Are the conferences effective?
4. What effects the lengths of the food stages?
5. How does Hoover respond to the demands of the national black leaders?
6. Why is the relationship Hoover has with Moton crucial?
7. How will the improvements to Project Flood reduce flooding?
8. What condition are St. Bernard Parish and Plaquemines in?
9. Why does Hoover's views and the Colored Advisory Committee's views different?
10. Why would the flood plan have to be constantly revised today?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)