1. What was the weather like in the Prologue as the guests of the social party head home?
2. How is the Mississippi River described?
It is the longest river in the world.
3. What percentage of the United States does the Mississippi River drain?
4. During the 19th century, what was the attitude about the Mississippi River?
That if you understood the laws of nature, the river could be understood.
5. What did Eads continue to do for a living in St. Louis after his family moved on?
He opened a salvage business.
6. How did Eads assist in the Civil War?
He helped keep Missouri in the Union and built ironclads.
This section contains 5,491 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)