|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Leroy Percy form a relationship that benefited him greatly in the 1900's?
(a) President Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) J. Edgar Hoover.
(d) The leader of the KKK.
2. How is William Percy different than his father, LeRoy?
(a) He is a racist.
(b) He is more of a leader.
(c) He is more understanding.
(d) He prefers books and poetry to hunting and business.
3. How does Butler ensure the city of New Orleans will not face legal actions?
(a) He makes sure the city does nothing wrong.
(b) He hires the best lawyers to represent the city.
(c) He threatens any lawyers that could be hired.
(d) He threatens the people from suing them.
4. Who is very aware of Butler's actions regarding the allocation of funds to the southern parishes?
(a) Governor Simpson.
(b) President Coolidge.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) William Percy.
5. What did the official report about the mouth of the Mississippi that Eads wrote finally say?
(a) The channel is 16 feet deep with no sandbar.
(b) The channel is 16 feet deep but a sandbar still exists.
(c) The channel did not get any deeper.
(d) The channel is only 14 feet deep and the sandbar is still there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are thousands of people living after the floods?
2. Where did Thompson go to present his argument to save New Orleans from flooding?
3. How did Leroy Percy eventually get a seat in Senate despite his popularity decline?
4. In 1926, what prevented annual levee maintenance?
5. Why did President Coolidge hire Herbert Hoover?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)