|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the newspapers run reports that Butler is giving fair repayments?
(a) They are afraid of Butler.
(b) They believe he is actually making these repayments.
(c) Butler is paying them off.
(d) Butler threatened to sue.
2. Why did President Coolidge hire Herbert Hoover?
(a) To organize rescue and relief efforts.
(b) To design new levee systems.
(c) To fix the corruption in the Delta area.
(d) To organize new laws.
3. What do Simpson and the others do to find a solution to the compensation problem?
(a) They donate the money from the City of New Orleans.
(b) They fire Butler.
(c) They try to raise more money.
(d) They have public and private talks with Butler.
4. What happened the day after Thompson's plan is implemented?
(a) New Orleans flooded regardless.
(b) A levee to the west of New Orleans breaks.
(c) The rain stopped.
(d) The river level dropped.
5. What is the atmosphere of the refugee camps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Hoover goes to inspect the levee south of New Orleans?
2. What two cities were underwater in early 1927?
3. Hoover speaks to the black community to ease tempers. How does the black community respond?
4. Why wasn't Humphrey's report accepted well in the United States?
5. Why can't boats in the flooded area help get people out?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)