|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Butler ensure the city of New Orleans will not face legal actions?
(a) He makes sure the city does nothing wrong.
(b) He threatens any lawyers that could be hired.
(c) He hires the best lawyers to represent the city.
(d) He threatens the people from suing them.
2. Who receives large bonuses for the work they did during the floods?
(a) The Percy family.
(b) The workers who fixed the levees.
(c) Butler's hatchet men.
(d) The people at the Red Cross.
3. Why were veterans enlisted during the time the levees were being fixed?
(a) To train them for another tour of war.
(b) To boost the economy.
(c) To prevent sabotage.
(d) To protect the area from the Native Americans.
4. Hoover speaks to the black community to ease tempers. How does the black community respond?
(a) With happiness.
(b) Not at all.
(c) With anger.
(d) In a non-violent protest.
5. What did the high river levels threaten in 1912?
(a) To break the dam.
(b) To bring sewage into Mississippi.
(c) To wash away all the crops.
(d) To top the levee before the sandbags come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two cities were underwater in early 1927?
2. How were the levees damaged in early 1927?
3. What breaks the relationship between the Percy family and the black community?
4. Who is very aware of Butler's actions regarding the allocation of funds to the southern parishes?
5. How did Humphrey feel about Ellet's suggestions about the river?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)