|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Humphrey returned from studying deltaic rivers, what did he do?
(a) Attacked Ellet's report.
(b) Built a railroad.
(c) Traveled the Grand Canyon.
(d) Built a bridge.
2. What did Leroy Percy's speeches advocate?
(a) The right for women to vote.
(b) Better treatment for blacks and education for black children..
(c) Equal rights for women in education and the workforce.
(d) To be able to keep slaves.
3. When was the first recorded flood of the Mississippi River?
4. During the 19th century, what was the attitude about the Mississippi River?
(a) It was harmless.
(b) That if you understood the laws of nature, the river could be understood.
(c) It was a raging machine.
(d) People were just confused by the river.
5. What ongoing problem existed at the mouth of the Mississippi River that prohibited shipping?
(b) Rocky cliffs.
(c) Sandbars and large amounts of deposited sediment.
(d) A strong undertow.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1900 a new demand surged in throughout the United States. What was that demand?
2. What did W.A. Percy institute in the Delta area?
3. How did Eads assist in the Civil War?
4. How did Humphrey prove himself to be in combat?
5. What happened in the Mississippi region between 1884-1889?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)