|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 | Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eads assist in the Civil War?
(a) He was a medic.
(b) He helped import weapons for the Union Army.
(c) He fought on the front lines for the Union.
(d) He helped keep Missouri in the Union and built ironclads.
2. What was Eads' proposition to change the mouth of the Mississippi River?
(a) A series of jetties.
(b) Building dams.
(c) Changing the course of the river.
(d) Making a series of canals.
3. When was the first recorded flood of the Mississippi River?
4. What happened in the Mississippi region between 1884-1889?
(a) Railroads developed quickly.
(b) The first person traveled cross country.
(c) Someone drove a submarine down the Mississippi.
(d) The Hoover Dam was built.
5. During the 1900 a new demand surged in throughout the United States. What was that demand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Leroy Percy's speeches advocate?
2. During the 19th century, what was the attitude about the Mississippi River?
3. In the 1850's, what two cities were involved in a transportation and freighting competition?
4. Which two things did river height depend on?
5. How did Leroy Percy eventually get a seat in Senate despite his popularity decline?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)