|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The total amount of claims between St. Bernard and Plaquemines is $35 million. How much do these parishes receive between the two of them at the end?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) All $35 million.
(d) $20 million.
2. For decades, what were the levees constructed to do?
(a) Increase the number of outlets.
(b) Increase farmland.
(c) Increase the number of reservoirs.
(d) Decrease farmland.
3. What helped Leroy Percy lose a lot of his political influence outside of the Delta area?
(a) He advocated for the rights of women.
(b) He helped Vardaman get defeated for a seat in Senate.
(c) He enforced the need for slaves.
(d) He wanted to free all slaves.
4. How does the levee camp become a slave camp?
(a) All the people there are treated miserably.
(b) The blacks are required to go to work and fix the levees.
(c) They don't let any of the people leave the camp.
(d) The camps are disgustingly dirty.
5. What is a widespread problem in St. Bernard and Plaquemines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James Thompson always seeking?
2. When small tunnels are formed beneath the levee a miniature geyser erupts. What is this mini geyser called?
3. What do Simpson and the others do to find a solution to the compensation problem?
4. Who played a prominent role in getting Thompson's proposal approved?
5. Why did most levees fail?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)