|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoover develop a new committee to do after the 1927 floods?
(a) Find food for the area.
(b) Rebuild the area.
(c) Find ways to deal with future floods and eliminate damage.
(d) Take care of the sick people.
2. What happened in the Mississippi region between 1884-1889?
(a) Someone drove a submarine down the Mississippi.
(b) Railroads developed quickly.
(c) The Hoover Dam was built.
(d) The first person traveled cross country.
3. Whose biography was told?
(b) LeRoy Percy.
(d) Will Percy.
4. What will eventually happen to the water released through the Mounds Landing crevasse?
(a) It will flow into the Arkansas River.
(b) It will flow into the Colorado River.
(c) It will continue to flood the area.
(d) It will flow back into the Mississippi River.
5. Why does Hoover accept the offer to head the flood relief committee?
(a) He was offered a large sum of money.
(b) He sees it as a great opportunity to gain popularity with the public.
(c) He wanted to help the people in that area.
(d) He always wanted to visit the Delta area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did armed St. Bernard Parish men visit the bankers of New Orleans?
2. What did St. Bernard and Plaquemines Parishes demand if Thompson's plan is implemented?
3. What happened when Hoover goes to inspect the levee south of New Orleans?
4. How did Humphrey feel about Ellet's suggestions about the river?
5. River flow is measured in cubic feet per second (cfs). What happens as the cfs increases?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)