|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in June of 1927?
(a) A second flood crest moves down the river.
(b) Coolidge is impeached.
(c) A giant fire destroys New Orleans.
(d) A hurricane hits the area.
2. Prior to Thompson's plan being implemented, what happened to the refugees south of the levee?
(a) They refused to leave.
(b) They built a new levee.
(c) They evacuated.
(d) They protested.
3. What happened within 10 days of the change in the crevasse at Mounds Landing?
(a) One million acres of land was under 10 feet of water.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A dam was built.
(d) A drought.
4. What year was the jetty project successfully completed?
5. For decades, what were the levees constructed to do?
(a) Increase farmland.
(b) Decrease farmland.
(c) Increase the number of outlets.
(d) Increase the number of reservoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. On average, how many people are the refugee camps designed to hold?
2. What will eventually happen to the water released through the Mounds Landing crevasse?
3. What happened the day after Thompson's plan is implemented?
4. As much of the Delta area was flooding, why did Greenville remain hopeful?
5. What did W.A. Percy institute in the Delta area?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)