|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the results of Thompson's plan being predicted?
(a) The river will stop rising.
(b) There will be no refugees.
(c) New Orleans will be saved.
(d) There will be thousands of refugees but the river will still rise.
2. Which two things did river height depend on?
(a) Volume and temperature of the water.
(b) The volume and direction of the water.
(c) Speed and depth of the water.
(d) Volume and speed of the water.
3. Why did armed St. Bernard Parish men visit the bankers of New Orleans?
(a) To rob them.
(b) To protect them.
(c) To hold them hostage.
(d) To ensure their city will get what they are promised.
4. What happens as the rain continues to fall in the Delta area?
(a) A waterfall develops at the bottom of the Mississippi.
(b) The Mississippi River gets longer.
(c) Multiple levees continue to fail.
(d) Crevases widen.
5. What happened in the Mississippi region between 1884-1889?
(a) Someone drove a submarine down the Mississippi.
(b) The Hoover Dam was built.
(c) The first person traveled cross country.
(d) Railroads developed quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the floods continued, what did 30,000 people decide to do?
2. What did W.A. Percy institute in the Delta area?
3. As much of the Delta area was flooding, why did Greenville remain hopeful?
4. What year was the jetty project successfully completed?
5. What was unique about the crevasse at Mounds Landing?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)