|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the official report about the mouth of the Mississippi that Eads wrote finally say?
(a) The channel did not get any deeper.
(b) The channel is 16 feet deep but a sandbar still exists.
(c) The channel is only 14 feet deep and the sandbar is still there.
(d) The channel is 16 feet deep with no sandbar.
2. What happened in the Mississippi region between 1884-1889?
(a) Railroads developed quickly.
(b) The first person traveled cross country.
(c) The Hoover Dam was built.
(d) Someone drove a submarine down the Mississippi.
3. Which two things did river height depend on?
(a) The volume and direction of the water.
(b) Speed and depth of the water.
(c) Volume and temperature of the water.
(d) Volume and speed of the water.
4. Who took control of Charles Percy's family affairs after he dies?
(a) His children.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. As floodwaters raged, what was happening to the crevasse at Mounds Landing?
(a) It got deeper.
(b) It broke completely open.
(c) It quickly widened.
(d) It got smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did armed St. Bernard Parish men visit the bankers of New Orleans?
2. On average, how many people are the refugee camps designed to hold?
3. As the floods continued, what did 30,000 people decide to do?
4. What was unique about the crevasse at Mounds Landing?
5. What did W.A. Percy institute in the Delta area?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)