|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By who were the documents that Hatch studies handwritten?
2. Who approaches Hatch with the news that they had found Johnny's remains?
3. Where does Chapter 28 open with a flurry of activity?
4. In Chapter 38, where does Hatch select a spot to paint?
5. Who arrives to join Streeter when Streeter stands over Hatch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meeting on the Griffin about in Chapter 26?
2. What does Neidelman do when Hatch tells him that he wants to stop digging for awhile and threatens to shut down the whole operation, as per the contract?
3. What does Bonterre do after she makes it safely to the shore in Chapter 48?
4. Why does Hatch scream and whose voice answers Hatch's scream?
5. How does the death of Wopner effect Hatch?
6. What activities are happening at the Water Pit in Chapter 29?
7. Describe the sword casket and St. Michael's Sword using details from the story.
8. What is the Radmeter and what does it indicate?
9. Why does Streeter call the crew on the radio at the Water Pit in Chapter 29?
10. What type of package is delivered to Hatch at his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you explain Woody Clay's actions by forming a flotilla protest? What were the results of the flotilla protest started by Clay? Give examples from the book and reference as required.
Essay Topic 2
What inferences can you make about Streeter's loyalty to Neidelman? Give three examples from the story to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Malin Hatch's decision to shut down operations when Hatch has not been able to pinpoint the mysterious illnesses that people have been dying from in Chapter 40? Explain your answer using details from the story.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)