|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Neidelman's accusation, what does Hatch do in Chapter 40?
2. Why were most of the staff sent home from the Water Pit in Chapter 52?
3. Who calls the crew at the Water Pit and tells them there is a problem within the Water Pit?
4. Who approaches Hatch with the news that they had found Johnny's remains?
5. Whom does Neidelman mention as possibly sabotaging the computers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the special sermon Woody Clay is preparing for Kerry Wopner's funeral about?
2. How does the death of Wopner effect Hatch?
3. What does Bonterre do after she makes it safely to the shore in Chapter 48?
4. What does Isobel Bonterre tell Hatch at the beginning of Chapter 37?
5. What type of package is delivered to Hatch at his home?
6. What do Hatch and Claire discuss at Burnt Head?
7. Describe the sword casket and St. Michael's Sword using details from the story.
8. Detail the discussion of sabotage between Neidelman and Hatch.
9. What does Hatch discover upon studying the skeletons from the Water Pit?
10. Who is Donny Truitt and why did he come to see Hatch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What motive does Malin Hatch have in finding the treasure? How is this motive different from Neidelman's motive? How do these relate to their character development and their actions? Explain your answer using at least two details from the story.
Essay Topic 2
What actions support the fact that Woody Clay is looking out for the well being of Stormhaven? How do others react to his concern? What does he warn others of in"Riptide?" How does this show is support or lack thereof?
Essay Topic 3
Define curse and analyze how it is used within the story by using examples from the text. What evidence can you find within "Riptide" to support the theory about Ragged Island being cursed?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)