|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonterre sneak into Hatch's office for?
2. How does Woody Clay feel when he makes it back to Ragged Island in Chapter 47?
3. Who does Hatch look for once he makes it to shore in Chapter 49?
4. When Rankin and Bonterre are taking readings with the Radmeter, who walked in on them?
5. Who is the Ragged Island crew waiting for that will arrive the next day at the Water Pit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hatch believe about the sword?
2. What is the meeting on the Griffin about in Chapter 26?
3. What does Hatch find while exploring the attic in his horse?
4. What is the Radmeter and what does it indicate?
5. What activities are happening at the Water Pit in Chapter 29?
6. Who is Donny Truitt and why did he come to see Hatch?
7. Why does Hatch scream and whose voice answers Hatch's scream?
8. What is Neidelman's reaction to the treasure vault and what does he do when he enters?
9. Describe the sword casket and St. Michael's Sword using details from the story.
10. Detail the discussion of sabotage between Neidelman and Hatch.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with Malin Hatch's decision to shut down operations when Hatch has not been able to pinpoint the mysterious illnesses that people have been dying from in Chapter 40? Explain your answer using details from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Malin Hatch's return visit to Ragged Island to the visit he took to the island as a child. What are the trips similarities and differences? Students should look at the reason for going, who Hatch went with, and the outcome of the trip.
Essay Topic 3
What inferences can you make about Streeter's loyalty to Neidelman? Give three examples from the story to support your position.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)