|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is beneath the tarp with Hatch in Chapter 49?
2. Who does Hatch receive an email from in Chapter 39?
3. How many years after Johnny died did Hatch and his mother move away from Stormhaven?
4. What does Neidelman accuse Hatch of in Chapter 40?
5. What is Woody Clay preparing at the start of Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Streeter call the crew on the radio at the Water Pit in Chapter 29?
2. Detail the activities at the site after Wopner's funeral.
3. What does Hatch believe about the sword?
4. What is the meeting on the Griffin about in Chapter 26?
5. What is the Radmeter and what does it indicate?
6. What happens when they left the lid off the chamber?
7. Who is Donny Truitt and why did he come to see Hatch?
8. Detail the discussion of sabotage between Neidelman and Hatch.
9. What does Hatch find while exploring the attic in his horse?
10. What does Hatch discover upon studying the skeletons from the Water Pit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What generalizations can be made about Ragged Island? Why can these generalizations be made?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Malin Hatch's return visit to Ragged Island to the visit he took to the island as a child. What are the trips similarities and differences? Students should look at the reason for going, who Hatch went with, and the outcome of the trip.
Essay Topic 3
What assumptions can you make about St. Michael's sword and all of the dangers and disasters associated with the Water Pit? Give examples of specific disasters and how these might support your assumption.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)