|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Red Ned Ockham's command ship found adrift?
2. Who does Neidelman send for because of a bug in a program?
(d) St. John.
3. Neidelman tells Malin that his people decoded the architect's notes for the design of the Water Pit. How did the architect write the notes?
(a) By pen in a locked diary.
(b) By pen on rocks close to the Water Pit.
(c) In a special code.
(d) In invisible ink.
4. How long does Neidelman anticipate the project or expedition to the Water Pit will take?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four months.
5. What are Christopher St. John and Kerry Wopner working together on to decode?
(a) A computer bug.
(b) Macallan's journal.
(c) Placement of equipment on the Water Pit.
(d) Hidden place of Ockham's treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malin Hatch when Chapter 18 begins?
2. What month and year does "Riptide" begin?
3. How many helicopters does Malin learn had recently been flying around Ragged Island when he returns to Stormhaven?
4. Who is Isobel Bonterre?
5. Where does Wopner encounter Clay at the start of Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two divers on Neidelman's team and what are they going to be doing?
2. Why does Malin return to Stormhaven at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Who is Captain Gerald Neidelman and why does he want to see Malin Hatch?
4. What was the discussion about between Malin Hatch and Professor Horn at the Stormhaven Lobster Bake?
5. In Chapter 10, what is the purpose of the meeting aboard the Griffin?
6. Detail what is happening with Malin Hatch and Isobel Bonterre in Chapters 22 and 23.
7. Where and what was the discussion about between Neidelman and Hatch in Chapter 20?
8. What makes the team believe they have found a mass grave at the Water Pit?
9. What does Malin Hatch learn from the computer printout that Neidelman gives him?
10. Why is Wopner trashing one of his computers?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)