|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Maine cod angler caught in a strong riptide during a storm and was forced off course to Ragged Island?
(a) Simon Rutter.
(b) Captain Gerald Neidelman.
(c) Johnny Hatch.
(d) Alfred Hatch.
2. How many years after Alfred Hatch Sr. bought Ragged Island does he declare bankruptcy and die?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
3. Where does St. John tell Hatch to meet Isobel?
(a) The Griffin.
(b) The digsite.
(c) The Plain Jane.
(d) The Cerberus.
4. How much money does Neidelman estimate Red Ned Ockham's treasure is worth?
(a) Ten billion dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) Two billion dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
5. Who is Sergio Scopatti?
(b) Town minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the restaurant full of where Hatch and Bonterre have dinner?
2. At the opening of Chapter Two, at which hospital does Malin Hatch work?
3. Where is Malin Hatch relaxing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. Where does Neidelman take Hatch where there are several engineers working?
5. Where does Wopner encounter Clay at the start of Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two divers on Neidelman's team and what are they going to be doing?
2. Who is Sir William Macallan? Why does Neidelman bring him up in his discussion with Malin about the project?
3. What is the legend of the pirate Red Ned Ockham?
4. What was the discussion between Malin Hatch and Woody Clay about at the Stormhaven Lobster Bake?
5. Detail what Hatch sees when he comes aboard the Cerberus with Neidelman in Chapter 11.
6. What do Christopher St. John, Malin Hatch, and Kerry Wopner discuss on the Cerberus in Chapter 11?
7. Who was the first member of Neidelman's crew requiring medical attention from Malin? What happened that required medical attention?
8. What does Malin Hatch learn from the computer printout that Neidelman gives him?
9. Describe the new Quonset hut that is now open on Ragged Island.
10. What was the discussion about between Malin Hatch and Professor Horn at the Stormhaven Lobster Bake?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)