|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Isobel Bonterre?
2. What does the team plan to dump inside the Water Pit to test the water?
(b) High intensity dye.
(c) Low intensity dye.
3. Neidelman takes responsibility for Ken Field's accident. What part of Field's body did Malin have to amputate?
4. On a boat ride to Ragged Island, what does Neidelman share with Malin?
(a) Facts about the planned expedition.
(b) Interest in treasure hunting.
(c) Other members of his team.
(d) Family history.
5. Where is Malin Hatch when Chapter 18 begins?
(a) The Cerberus.
(b) His home in Stormhaven.
(c) His medical office.
(d) The Plain Jane.
6. After the boys get to Ragged Island, what is the first thing the boys find?
(a) A match.
(b) A leg bone.
(c) A small boat.
(d) A cave.
7. What is Malin doing when he receives a call for the first medical emergency of the project?
8. What does the Quonset hut hold?
(a) Command central for the project.
(b) Found pieces of the treasure.
(c) Supplies needed for the project.
(d) Malin Hatch's medical office.
9. How many helicopters does Malin learn had recently been flying around Ragged Island when he returns to Stormhaven?
10. Who are the guests of honor at the Stormhaven Lobster Bake?
(a) Ragged Island Search Team.
(b) Malin Hatch and Gerald Neidelman.
(c) Christopher St. John and Kerry Wopner.
(d) The Thalassa Group.
11. Whom does Neidelman introduce to the team as a new team member before the project begins?
(a) Kerry Wopner.
(b) Christopher St. John.
(c) Malin Hatch.
(d) Ken Field.
12. Where does St. John tell Hatch to meet Isobel?
(a) The Griffin.
(b) The Plain Jane.
(c) The digsite.
(d) The Cerberus.
13. What is the restaurant full of where Hatch and Bonterre have dinner?
(a) Stormhaven residents.
(c) Ragged Island crew members.
(d) Thalassa people.
14. While at dinner, what does Bonterre tell Hatch they found?
(a) Treasure room.
(c) Pirate camp.
15. Neidelman tells Malin that his people decoded the architect's notes for the design of the Water Pit. How did the architect write the notes?
(a) By pen in a locked diary.
(b) By pen on rocks close to the Water Pit.
(c) In a special code.
(d) In invisible ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Woody Clay?
2. Where does Neidelman take Hatch where there are several engineers working?
3. Who responds to Malin Hatch when he asked about a poly-alphabet cipher?
4. When Malin arrives back at Ragged Island, what is Malin forced to confront?
5. Where does Wopner encounter Clay at the start of Chapter 21?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)