|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Neidelman tells Malin that his people decoded the architect's notes for the design of the Water Pit. How did the architect write the notes?
(a) By pen in a locked diary.
(b) In invisible ink.
(c) In a special code.
(d) By pen on rocks close to the Water Pit.
2. Where does Malin return to see Neidelman before Malin agrees to join Neidelman's team?
(b) Malin's home.
(c) Ragged Island.
(d) Water Pit.
3. What do Christopher St. John and Kerry Wopner show Malin Hatch on Hatch's first time aboard the Cerberus?
(a) Their fishing equipment.
(b) The code.
(c) A piece of the treasure.
(d) Some fish they caught.
4. Where is Malin Hatch relaxing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The den of his childhood home.
(b) The porch of his childhood home.
(c) The living room of his childhood home.
(d) The bedroom of his childhood home.
5. Who does Malin Hatch run into on his way back to the lobster bake?
(a) Christopher St. John.
(b) Kerry Wopner.
(c) Professor Horn.
(d) Captain John Neidelman
6. Who is Woody Clay?
(a) Town minister.
(b) Town gossip columnist.
(c) Town grocer.
(d) Town contractor.
7. Claire, a past flame of Hatch's enters the restaurant. Who is she?
(a) Neidleman's sister.
(b) Woody Clay's wife.
(c) St. John's sister.
(d) Bonterre's best friend.
8. What type of test confirms that a certain hole is the Water Pit?
(a) Carbon 14.
(b) Carbon 16.
(c) Carbon 13.
(d) Carbon 15.
9. What month and year does "Riptide" begin?
(a) July 1971.
(b) June 1971.
(c) June 1972.
(d) July 1972.
10. How do Neidelman and Malin confirm their agreement for Malin to join Neidelman's expedition?
(a) Oral contract.
(b) A handshake.
(c) Written contract.
(d) There was no agreement.
11. How many helicopters does Malin learn had recently been flying around Ragged Island when he returns to Stormhaven?
12. At the opening of Chapter 24, what is Wopner trashing?
(a) His programming device.
(b) His computer desk.
(c) His computer.
(d) His computer chip.
13. How far offshore is the boat Malin sees moored offshore Ragged Island?
(a) Three quarters of a mile.
(b) One mile.
(c) One quarter mile.
(d) Half a mile.
14. What does Bonterre suggest to Hatch?
(a) They move-in together.
(b) They go to dinner.
(c) They become a couple.
(d) They take a trip.
15. Kerry Wopner and Christopher St. John discuss with Malin some stories of how who functioned?
(a) Red Ned Ockham.
(b) Kerry Wopner.
(c) Christopher St. John.
(d) Captain Gerald Neidelman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 10 opens with a meeting held aboard what ship?
2. How long does Neidelman anticipate the project or expedition to the Water Pit will take?
3. Whom does Neidelman introduce to the team as a new team member before the project begins?
4. What does the Quonset hut hold?
5. On whose boat does Hatch relax and doze in Chapter 15?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)