|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place known as a mysterious spot on Ragged Island where there is a depression?
(a) The water pit.
(b) The pirate's treasure.
(c) The hidden treasure.
(d) The grave of diggers.
2. In Chapter 14, what are the staff members looking over in the command center?
(b) Fishing equipment.
(c) The computers.
(d) Test results.
3. Who told Wopner of the Ragged Island curse?
(a) Gerald Neidelman.
(b) Malin Hatch.
(c) Christopher St. John.
(d) Woody Clay.
4. Within the Water Pit, what did these tests pinpoint the dates of?
5. When Neidelman speaks to his team before the project begins, what piece of evidence does Neidelman use that the treasure is real?
(a) A sword.
(b) A jeweled sword.
(c) The cure of gold.
(d) A bar of gold.
6. What month and year does "Riptide" begin?
(a) June 1971.
(b) June 1972.
(c) July 1972.
(d) July 1971.
7. What does Neidelman show Hatch when Hatch comes aboard the Cerberus in Chapter 11?
(a) The computer and equipment.
(b) A fish Neidelman caught.
(d) A piece of the treasure.
8. Where does Wopner encounter Clay at the start of Chapter 21?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Post office.
9. Where is Malin Hatch relaxing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The bedroom of his childhood home.
(b) The den of his childhood home.
(c) The living room of his childhood home.
(d) The porch of his childhood home.
10. Where does Malin return to see Neidelman before Malin agrees to join Neidelman's team?
(a) Water Pit.
(c) Malin's home.
(d) Ragged Island.
11. Where does Neidelman take Hatch where there are several engineers working?
(b) Command center.
12. Kerry Wopner and Christopher St. John discuss with Malin some stories of how who functioned?
(a) Kerry Wopner.
(b) Captain Gerald Neidelman.
(c) Christopher St. John.
(d) Red Ned Ockham.
13. Neidelman takes responsibility for Ken Field's accident. What part of Field's body did Malin have to amputate?
14. Whom does Neidelman introduce as the team's computer specialist at the meeting after Field's injury?
(a) William Macallan.
(b) Christopher St. John.
(c) Kerry Wopner.
(d) Lyle Streeter.
15. What is the saint's name of the jeweled sword that is, by legend, part of Red Ned Ockham's treasure?
(a) Saint James.
(b) Saint Peter.
(c) Saint Patrick.
(d) Saint Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Chapter Two, at which hospital does Malin Hatch work?
2. As Chapter 20 opens, where is Malin Hatch having dinner with the Ragged Island crew?
3. What, besides skulls and bones does the crew find at the excavation site?
4. What does the team plan to dump inside the Water Pit to test the water?
5. What is the name of the owner of the local grocery store in Stormhaven with whom Malin renews an old acquaintance?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)