|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the team plan to dump inside the Water Pit to test the water?
(b) High intensity dye.
(d) Low intensity dye.
2. What is the place known as a mysterious spot on Ragged Island where there is a depression?
(a) The grave of diggers.
(b) The hidden treasure.
(c) The water pit.
(d) The pirate's treasure.
3. Where does St. John tell Hatch to meet Isobel?
(a) The Griffin.
(b) The Cerberus.
(c) The Plain Jane.
(d) The digsite.
4. While at dinner, what does Bonterre tell Hatch they found?
(a) Pirate camp.
(b) Treasure room.
5. When Malin arrives back at Ragged Island, what is Malin forced to confront?
(a) All answers are correct.
6. Who responds to Malin Hatch when he asked about a poly-alphabet cipher?
(a) St. John.
7. In what year was Red Ned Ockham's command ship found adrift?
8. What does the Quonset hut hold?
(a) Supplies needed for the project.
(b) Malin Hatch's medical office.
(c) Found pieces of the treasure.
(d) Command central for the project.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 14, what is unrecognizable to Malin Hatch?
(a) Ragged Island.
(b) Water Pit.
(c) Captain Gerald Neidelman.
10. What is the name of the boat Malin plans to stay on at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The Plain Joe.
(b) The Plain Jane.
(c) The Cerberus.
(d) The Griffin.
11. Whom does Neidelman introduce as the team's historian at the meeting after Field's injury?
(a) Lyle Streeter.
(b) Kerry Wopner.
(c) Christopher St. John.
(d) William Macallan.
12. Neidelman takes responsibility for Ken Field's accident. What part of Field's body did Malin have to amputate?
13. Claire, a past flame of Hatch's enters the restaurant. Who is she?
(a) St. John's sister.
(b) Neidleman's sister.
(c) Bonterre's best friend.
(d) Woody Clay's wife.
14. What is Malin Hatch examining while relaxing in Chapter 12?
(a) Ockham's journal.
(b) Macallan's journal.
(c) The code.
(d) Test results.
15. By running tests in the Water Pit, what is the team hoping to find?
(b) Floor tunnel.
(d) Secret codes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the Water Pit, what did these tests pinpoint the dates of?
2. Who is Isobel Bonterre?
3. What, besides skulls and bones does the crew find at the excavation site?
4. How do Neidelman and Malin confirm their agreement for Malin to join Neidelman's expedition?
5. How long does Neidelman anticipate the project or expedition to the Water Pit will take?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)