|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place known as a mysterious spot on Ragged Island where there is a depression?
(a) The grave of diggers.
(b) The pirate's treasure.
(c) The hidden treasure.
(d) The water pit.
2. How long does Neidelman anticipate the project or expedition to the Water Pit will take?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four months.
3. After the boys get to Ragged Island, what is the first thing the boys find?
(a) A leg bone.
(b) A small boat.
(c) A cave.
(d) A match.
4. How many possible places was Ockham's treasure believed hidden?
5. What month and year does "Riptide" begin?
(a) June 1972.
(b) July 1971.
(c) July 1972.
(d) June 1971.
6. Where is Malin Hatch when Chapter 18 begins?
(a) His medical office.
(b) The Plain Jane.
(c) His home in Stormhaven.
(d) The Cerberus.
7. Who arrives with something for Clay while Clay and Wopner are talking?
(b) Postal mistress.
(c) Store Clerk.
8. By running tests in the Water Pit, what is the team hoping to find?
(a) Floor tunnel.
(c) Secret codes.
9. On a boat ride to Ragged Island, what does Neidelman share with Malin?
(a) Family history.
(b) Interest in treasure hunting.
(c) Other members of his team.
(d) Facts about the planned expedition.
10. In Chapter 18, who is discussing the problems with code-breaking and computer chips?
(a) Wopner and Hatch.
(b) St. John and Neidelman.
(c) Wopner and Neidleman.
(d) Wopner and St. John,
11. Where does Malin return to see Neidelman before Malin agrees to join Neidelman's team?
(a) Ragged Island.
(b) Malin's home.
(c) Water Pit.
12. How many years after Alfred Hatch Sr. bought Ragged Island does he declare bankruptcy and die?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
13. How much money does Neidelman estimate Red Ned Ockham's treasure is worth?
(a) Two billion dollars.
(b) Two million dollars.
(c) Ten billion dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
14. Who told Wopner of the Ragged Island curse?
(a) Malin Hatch.
(b) Christopher St. John.
(c) Woody Clay.
(d) Gerald Neidelman.
15. What does the team plan to dump inside the Water Pit to test the water?
(b) High intensity dye.
(c) Low intensity dye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Isobel Bonterre?
2. Where is Malin Hatch relaxing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What is the name of the realtor Malin sees at his childhood home?
4. Ken Field is the first team member who has a medical emergency while working on the project. What happened to Field?
5. Neidelman takes responsibility for Ken Field's accident. What part of Field's body did Malin have to amputate?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)