|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nessus bring to his fellow crew members when he returns to them?
2. Who does the crew leave in the floating castle?
3. Where do the three stop to make plans regarding their search and rescue of Teela?
4. Why does Louis think the ship crashed on Ringworld if Teela is supernaturally lucky?
5. How is Speaker's state at the start of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 22 when the crew tried to collect some of the square wire?
2. What state are Louis and Speaker in when they are finally released from the force field?
3. Please describe Seeker.
4. What does the crew think of the woman that they see in the prison?
5. How does Louis respond when thousands of natives come to the flying castle in Chapter 16 and what does he learn?
6. What conclusion about Teela's luck does the crew come to in Chapter 18?
7. What is found inside the force field in Chapter 19?
8. What agreement do Louis and Speaker come to in Chapter 24 about their knowledge of the puppeteers' manipulation?
9. What happens to Teela in Chapter 18 after she is sucked into the storm?
10. How does Louis respond to Teela's love for Seeker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Relationships are prevalent throughout the story. Please choose one of the following relationships and describe how the relationships evolves/changes, what the status of the relationship is at the end of the story, and what purpose you believe this relationship has in the story-- Louis and Teela, Speaker and Nessus, Louis and Prill.
Essay Topic 2
Using the knowledge you have gained in your study of the Ringworld, give your personal critique of the book. Did they enjoy it or not? Do they think it was well written? Do they think that the literary techniques used by the author were used correctly? Were they helpful? In the end would they recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the four original crew members seems to be the true leader of the group and how is this shown in the story? Do you believe that this individual has been a good leader to the group? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)