|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Speaker find in the castle?
2. Why does Louis pretend to sell Teela to Seeker?
3. What draws the party to the floating castle?
4. What warning does Louis get through his translator as he speaks with the priest?
5. What happens to Louis's cycle when the signal pulls them in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Teela and Speaker realize about the puppeteers interference with their species and breeding in Chapter 13?
2. What theories to Louis and Nessus have about the original Engineers of Ringworld?
3. How does Louis respond to Teela's love for Seeker?
4. What happens to the crew when they discover the eye in the sky in Chapter 17?
5. What happens in Chapter 22 when the crew tried to collect some of the square wire?
6. What does the crew think of the woman that they see in the prison?
7. What plan does Louis present to Speaker in the starter of Chapter 14?
8. How does the crew escape the force field in Chapter 20?
9. What realization about the puppeteers and the man-kzin does Louis come to in Chapter 13?
10. What does the crew learn about the Engineer woman in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Technology is mentioned consistently in this story. What role does technology play in the story as a whole? What type of relationship do the puppeteers have with technology as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Please explain what conflict is in a work of literature. What types of conflict can be seen in Ringworld and what, if anything, is the main conflict of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Myths and legends are referred to by the natives on the Ringworld. Please explain the importance of myths, legends, and similar tales. What are some of the myths held by the natives of the Ringworld.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)