|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bald woman throw at Louis while he is in the force field?
2. What had caused the collapse of the Ringworld society?
3. How does Louis plan to move the Liar to where they can launch into space?
4. Although she is ancient, how has Prill survived all this time on Ringworld?
5. What is there a wire statue of in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Louis present to Speaker in the starter of Chapter 14?
2. How is Speaker injured in Chapter 14?
3. What is found inside the force field in Chapter 19?
4. What conclusion about Teela's luck does the crew come to in Chapter 18?
5. What do Teela and Speaker realize about the puppeteers interference with their species and breeding in Chapter 13?
6. What role does Prill now play in Louis life in Chapter 23?
7. What state are Louis and Speaker in when they are finally released from the force field?
8. What happens to Teela in Chapter 18 after she is sucked into the storm?
9. How does Louis respond when thousands of natives come to the flying castle in Chapter 16 and what does he learn?
10. How does the crew escape the force field in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Technology is mentioned consistently in this story. What role does technology play in the story as a whole? What type of relationship do the puppeteers have with technology as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Ask the students to outline the plot of Ringworld. How are the various parts of the plot accomplished in the novel? Do the students believe that the plot was easily followed in this novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Using the knowledge you have gained in your study of the Ringworld, give your personal critique of the book. Did they enjoy it or not? Do they think it was well written? Do they think that the literary techniques used by the author were used correctly? Were they helpful? In the end would they recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)