|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Nessus believe about the original inhabitants of the Ringworld?
2. What has happened to all the translators in Chapter 17?
3. What would domination of others do to the kzin people?
4. What is part of Seeker's payment for Teela?
5. Although she is ancient, how has Prill survived all this time on Ringworld?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crew think of the woman that they see in the prison?
2. Please describe Seeker.
3. What conclusion about Teela's luck does the crew come to in Chapter 18?
4. What does the crew find inside the floating castle?
5. What is found inside the force field in Chapter 19?
6. What is Louis's final plan to get the Liar and the crew off of the Ringworld?
7. What role does Prill now play in Louis life in Chapter 23?
8. What do Teela and Speaker realize about the puppeteers interference with their species and breeding in Chapter 13?
9. What plan does Louis present to Speaker in the starter of Chapter 14?
10. What realization about the puppeteers and the man-kzin does Louis come to in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ask the students to outline the plot of Ringworld. How are the various parts of the plot accomplished in the novel? Do the students believe that the plot was easily followed in this novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Please explain the difference in mood versus tone. What is the mood and what is the tone in Ringworld and how was this information conveyed to you as the reader?
Essay Topic 3
The tasp is used on more than one character in this story. Please explain what the tasp is and what it does. What is the tasp's affect on Prill and why was it used on her? Do you think that the use of the tasp was appropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)