|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the great leader who was overthrown before the city fell?
2. How does Louis plan to move the Liar to where they can launch into space?
3. What does Speaker want to do when he sees the floating eye in the sky?
4. Who has Nessus discovered the woman is?
5. Although she is ancient, how has Prill survived all this time on Ringworld?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the crew when they discover the eye in the sky in Chapter 17?
2. What state are Louis and Speaker in when they are finally released from the force field?
3. How does Louis respond to Teela's love for Seeker?
4. How is Speaker injured in Chapter 14?
5. Please describe Seeker.
6. What happens in Chapter 22 when the crew tried to collect some of the square wire?
7. What information does the map room show the crew?
8. What agreement do Louis and Speaker come to in Chapter 24 about their knowledge of the puppeteers' manipulation?
9. What does the crew learn about the Engineer woman in Chapter 21?
10. What does the crew find inside the floating castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tasp is used on more than one character in this story. Please explain what the tasp is and what it does. What is the tasp's affect on Prill and why was it used on her? Do you think that the use of the tasp was appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Relationships are prevalent throughout the story. Please choose one of the following relationships and describe how the relationships evolves/changes, what the status of the relationship is at the end of the story, and what purpose you believe this relationship has in the story-- Louis and Teela, Speaker and Nessus, Louis and Prill.
Essay Topic 3
Which of the four original crew members seems to be the true leader of the group and how is this shown in the story? Do you believe that this individual has been a good leader to the group? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)