|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nessus's response when he learns Teela has agreed to come on the mission?
(a) He does a happy jig.
(b) He nods and walks away.
(c) He is overjoyed.
(d) He howls with terror.
2. Which of the following does the crew not see while flying under the Ringworld?
(b) Meteor craters.
3. What are the cat-like aliens Louis and Nessus see in the they travel to?
4. Why does Nessus have to use a tasp on Speaker?
(a) Because Speaker needs help falling asleep.
(b) To make Speaker be quiet.
(c) Because Speaker tries to steal the ship.
(d) To ease Speaker's air sickness.
5. Who declares themselves in command as they leave the ship on their flycycles?
6. How long does it take the crew to travel from the puppeteer planet to Ringworld?
(a) A week.
(b) 5 years.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
7. How does Louis respond to Teela's decision to join the mission?
(a) He could care less.
(b) He tries to talk her out of it.
(c) He is sad because he wanted an all guy trip.
(d) He is glad she finally decided to come.
8. Why is Louis worried about the aliens on the Ringworld?
(a) Because they are advanced enough to make the ring.
(b) Because there may be a lot of them.
(c) Because he has never been on another planet before.
(d) Because he hates all aliens.
9. What do the native people as Louis for in Chapter 12?
(b) The flycycle.
(c) A miracle.
10. What is the puppeteer leader called?
(b) The Highest.
(d) The Upmost.
11. What does the puppeteer planet look like when the crew lands on it?
(a) It is a barren desert with millions of tents.
(b) All the cities are underground.
(c) It is full of tall buildings.
(d) It is all mountains and trees.
12. What does Nessus think about Teela in Chapter 11?
(a) That she is not lucky afterall.
(b) That she is dangerous.
(c) That she needs to be more helpful.
(d) That she is annoying.
13. What does Teela tell Louis is the real reason she wanted to join the mission?
(a) She loves Louis and wanted to be with him.
(b) She was bored and tired of her life on Earth.
(c) She is hoping to go to the new place and never return.
(d) She felt pressured into saying yes by Nessus.
14. What does Nessus use to kill one of the native attackers in the city?
(a) A light saber.
(b) His hind foot.
(c) His claws.
(d) The disintegrator.
15. What trait does Nessus believe Teela has?
(b) Mind-reading abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hyperdrive technology mean to Speaker?
2. What happens to the ship as a protective measure if it is attacked?
3. Who is the first crewmember to leave the ship on the Ringworld?
4. What or who does Louis suggest attacked the ship in Chapter 9?
5. What is Louis's office protected from?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)