|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who broke Louis's heart long long ago?
(a) Paula Cherenkov.
(b) Maria Chekov.
(c) Anya Kornikova.
(d) Lucy Sharapova.
2. What does Nessus get Speaker to agree to if Nessus does not return?
(a) That he will stay on the puppeteer planet always.
(b) That he will find Nessus.
(c) That he will not go on the mission.
(d) That he will lead the mission in Nessus's place.
3. Which of the following does the crew not see while flying under the Ringworld?
(a) Meteor craters.
4. What happens to the ship as a protective measure if it is attacked?
(a) It stalls in time and goes into stasis.
(b) It becomes invisible.
(c) It releases an electromagnetic pulse.
(d) A strong, fortified shield goes up.
5. Where do the crew members go to pick up their ship?
(a) The Sol system settlement.
(b) The Orion Belt colony.
(c) The Bock brorough.
(d) The East Solar space station.
6. Who objects to travel in statis during the mission?
7. What trait does Nessus believe Teela has?
(a) Mind-reading abilities.
8. Who declares themselves in command as they leave the ship on their flycycles?
9. How big is the ring around the Ringworld?
(a) 750 million kilometers long.
(b) 890 million miles long.
(c) 500 million miles long.
(d) 600 million miles long.
10. Why does Nessus have to use a tasp on Speaker?
(a) To ease Speaker's air sickness.
(b) To make Speaker be quiet.
(c) Because Speaker needs help falling asleep.
(d) Because Speaker tries to steal the ship.
11. What in in the picture that Nessus shows Louis in the first chapter?
(a) A sun with a ring around it.
(b) Nessus' family.
(c) The ravaged planet of the puppeteers.
(d) An exploding planet.
12. What color is the Long Shot as it flies through hyperspace?
13. What does Nessus say has kept him from finding a fourth crewmember?
(a) People were fearful of him and ran away.
(b) No one believed he has a ship.
(c) A series of bizarre coincidences.
(d) His negative thinking.
14. Why does Teela finally decide to join the mission?
(a) She thinks the voyage might make her famous.
(b) She concludes that puppeteers are not that bad after all.
(c) She realizes that humanity will need the quantum II drive.
(d) She decides she is ready to travel.
15. What does Teela tell Louis is the real reason she wanted to join the mission?
(a) She is hoping to go to the new place and never return.
(b) She loves Louis and wanted to be with him.
(c) She felt pressured into saying yes by Nessus.
(d) She was bored and tired of her life on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time hyperspace can be accessed?
2. Why does the crew think that the Ringworld may have reverted to savagery?
3. What scenic display is projected on the walls of the dome?
4. Who do the humans buy hyperdrive technology from?
5. What job does Speaker-to-Animals hold in the first chapter of the story?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)