|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nessus get Speaker to agree to if Nessus does not return?
(a) That he will lead the mission in Nessus's place.
(b) That he will stay on the puppeteer planet always.
(c) That he will find Nessus.
(d) That he will not go on the mission.
2. Who does Teela Brown remind Louis of?
3. What does Nessus use to kill one of the native attackers in the city?
(a) His claws.
(b) His hind foot.
(c) The disintegrator.
(d) A light saber.
4. In Chapter 2, why does Nessus say he has asked a kzin to come on his mission?
(a) To protect him.
(b) Because kzin are smart.
(c) Because kzin are known for their adventourous spirit.
(d) To be their intergallactic guide.
5. What in in the picture that Nessus shows Louis in the first chapter?
(a) The ravaged planet of the puppeteers.
(b) Nessus' family.
(c) An exploding planet.
(d) A sun with a ring around it.
6. When Louis first sees Nessus, where does he recall seeing this type of alien race previously?
(a) In a movie.
(b) In a book.
(c) In Beruit.
(d) In the mall.
7. What does Louis think about being born lucky?
(a) He wishes he was bred for luck.
(b) He does not think you can breed for luck.
(c) He does not think there is such thing as luck.
(d) He thinks that everyone is bred for luck.
8. Who responds to the stress of the crash and Ringworld in Chapter 11 by going catatonic?
9. Who do the humans buy hyperdrive technology from?
(a) The Outsiders.
(b) The Borg.
(c) The Fringe.
(d) The Mariti.
10. Who broke Louis's heart long long ago?
(a) Anya Kornikova.
(b) Paula Cherenkov.
(c) Maria Chekov.
(d) Lucy Sharapova.
11. What does Louis realize about Teela in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She has her own plan for the Ringworld.
(b) She really is not lucky.
(c) She is not very smart.
(d) She has never been truly hurt.
12. What is the Kempler rosette?
(a) A dying star.
(b) A beautiful constellation.
(c) Five connected planets moving through space.
(d) A travelling space station powered by humans.
13. How does Speaker interpret the lack of radio communication from the Ringworld?
(a) As a sign that they are undeveloped.
(b) As a reason to turn around and leave.
(c) As an insult.
(d) As an open invitation to land.
14. How does Louis see Teela in light of her lack of understanding of pain and fear?
(a) He thinks she is undeveloped.
(b) He thinks she is lucky.
(c) He thinks she is more evolved.
(d) He thinks she is evil.
15. What do the native people as Louis for in Chapter 12?
(c) The flycycle.
(d) A miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Nessus go see when the group arrives at the puppeteer planet?
2. What trait does Nessus believe Teela has?
3. Why is Nessus surprised when he meets Teela at Louis's party?
4. What color is the Long Shot as it flies through hyperspace?
5. Who declares themselves in command as they leave the ship on their flycycles?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)