|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a variable sword?
(a) A large, heavy sword that shatters bones.
(b) A small flimsy weapon that children use.
(c) A mythological weapon that possesses secret powers.
(d) A thin wire weapon that can cut through nearly anything.
2. When Louis first sees Nessus, where does he recall seeing this type of alien race previously?
(a) In the mall.
(b) In a movie.
(c) In Beruit.
(d) In a book.
3. What reason does Nessus give for the puppeteers not wiping out the kzin race?
(a) The kzin are not as dangerous to others anymore.
(b) The kzin are indestructible.
(c) They are gentle giants.
(d) The kzin are related to puppeteers and they will not destroy them.
4. Where does the crew end up landing in Chapter 12?
(a) A meadow.
(b) The port.
(c) A plateau.
(d) A forest.
5. What are Pierson's puppeteers known for?
(a) Their chivalry.
(b) Their cowardice.
(c) Their beauty.
(d) Their love of snakes.
6. Which of the following does the crew not see while flying under the Ringworld?
(c) Meteor craters.
7. Why does Teela finally decide to join the mission?
(a) She decides she is ready to travel.
(b) She concludes that puppeteers are not that bad after all.
(c) She realizes that humanity will need the quantum II drive.
(d) She thinks the voyage might make her famous.
8. What is the kzin history with humans full of?
(a) Friendship and allied forces.
(b) Cold idealogical wars.
(c) Bloody wars.
(d) There is no history between the two.
9. What does the ship hit as it passes between the shadow squares?
(a) A thin, strong wire.
(b) An invisible force field.
(c) A meteor.
(d) A mountain peak.
10. What does the hyperdrive technology mean to Speaker?
(a) He may be allowed a name by his people.
(b) He can travel the universe.
(c) He can return to his home planet.
(d) He will be famous.
11. What trait does Nessus believe Teela has?
(d) Mind-reading abilities.
12. What does Louis think about being born lucky?
(a) He does not think you can breed for luck.
(b) He wishes he was bred for luck.
(c) He thinks that everyone is bred for luck.
(d) He does not think there is such thing as luck.
13. Who broke Louis's heart long long ago?
(a) Anya Kornikova.
(b) Paula Cherenkov.
(c) Lucy Sharapova.
(d) Maria Chekov.
14. How do the puppeteers avoid reproducing?
(a) The are bred infertile.
15. How does Teela first respond to Nessus's offer to join the mission?
(a) She is unsure but eventually agrees.
(b) She rejects it.
(c) She thinks it is a joke.
(d) She agrees without hesitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Speaker interpret the lack of radio communication from the Ringworld?
2. What is holding in the atmosphere on Ringworld?
3. What does Nessus say has kept him from finding a fourth crewmember?
4. What type of pilot is the ship built for?
5. What does Nessus do while Speaker is sleeping?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)