|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Kempler rosette?
(a) Five connected planets moving through space.
(b) A travelling space station powered by humans.
(c) A beautiful constellation.
(d) A dying star.
2. What type of pilot is the ship built for?
(a) A human pilot.
(b) A puppeteer pilot.
(c) A robot pilot.
(d) A kzin pilot.
3. What does the crew decide to name their new ship?
(b) Lying Bastard.
4. Why did the puppeteers disappear?
(a) They heard that a galactic core had exploded and would reach them in 20,000 years.
(b) They could not help it, their planet got sucked into a black hole.
(c) They were threatened by the Seekers.
(d) They wanted to conquer other galaxies for themselves.
5. What are the cat-like aliens Louis and Nessus see in the they travel to?
6. Where has the Liar landed on Ringworld?
(a) On a mountain top.
(b) The desert.
(c) In a large field.
(d) In the middle of a city.
7. What is the name of Nessus's quantum II ship?
(a) U.S.S. Freedom.
(b) Long Shot.
(c) The Cube.
8. How does Louis see Teela in light of her lack of understanding of pain and fear?
(a) He thinks she is undeveloped.
(b) He thinks she is lucky.
(c) He thinks she is more evolved.
(d) He thinks she is evil.
9. How does Speaker interpret the lack of radio communication from the Ringworld?
(a) As a reason to turn around and leave.
(b) As an open invitation to land.
(c) As an insult.
(d) As a sign that they are undeveloped.
10. Besides Chiron's projection, how many other puppeteers do the crewmembers see?
11. Who broke Louis's heart long long ago?
(a) Paula Cherenkov.
(b) Anya Kornikova.
(c) Lucy Sharapova.
(d) Maria Chekov.
12. What information does Louis try to get from Nessus in Chapter 4?
(a) The location of the puppeteer home planet.
(b) The map of Ringworld.
(c) The real reason why they are on this mission.
(d) The location of the blueprints for the ship.
13. Why does Teela question Louis about the mission?
(a) She wants to know more about where they are going.
(b) She is interested in Louis.
(c) She wants to get secrets about the ship they are taking.
(d) She does not trust Nessus but trusts Louis.
14. What does Nessus get Speaker to agree to if Nessus does not return?
(a) That he will lead the mission in Nessus's place.
(b) That he will not go on the mission.
(c) That he will find Nessus.
(d) That he will stay on the puppeteer planet always.
15. What does Nessus say has kept him from finding a fourth crewmember?
(a) A series of bizarre coincidences.
(b) People were fearful of him and ran away.
(c) His negative thinking.
(d) No one believed he has a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louis jump from city-to-city and time zone-to-time zone in Chapter 1?
2. What are Louis's feelings towards Teela?
3. What is Louis's office protected from?
4. Which of the following does the crew not see while flying under the Ringworld?
5. What does Louis discover Teela has been reading about in Chapter 3?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)