|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Shadow Squares.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teela Brown remind Louis of?
2. What are the cat-like aliens Louis and Nessus see in the they travel to?
3. Which of the following information about Ringworld is not correct?
(a) It has breathable air.
(b) The ring is 1 million miles across.
(c) There are 20 rectangles circling the sun.
(d) It has the same gravity as Earth.
4. How long does it take the crew to travel from the puppeteer planet to Ringworld?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) A week.
5. What birthday is Louis Wu celebrating at the start of the novel?
(a) His 199th.
(b) His 200th.
(c) His 150th.
(d) His 100th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nessus say has kept him from finding a fourth crewmember?
2. Why do the puppeteers move their planets through space?
3. Why does Louis jump from city-to-city and time zone-to-time zone in Chapter 1?
4. What trait does Nessus believe Teela has?
5. What does the hyperdrive technology mean to Louis?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)