|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Christmas Ribbon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the puppeteer planet look like when the crew lands on it?
(a) It is a barren desert with millions of tents.
(b) It is full of tall buildings.
(c) It is all mountains and trees.
(d) All the cities are underground.
2. What happens if Nessus has to use the tasp on Speaker too many times?
(a) Speaker will shrink.
(b) Speaker will die.
(c) Speaker will become enslaved to it.
(d) Speaker will stop responding to it.
3. Which of the following information about Ringworld is not correct?
(a) It has the same gravity as Earth.
(b) There are 20 rectangles circling the sun.
(c) The ring is 1 million miles across.
(d) It has breathable air.
4. What does Louis discover Teela has been reading about in Chapter 3?
(a) Books about puppeteers.
(b) Louis's private journal.
(c) The galactic core explosion.
(d) The blue-prints to their space ship.
5. What is the Blind Spot referred to in Chapter 5?
(a) The underbelly of the ship.
(b) Any part of unknown space.
(c) The spot directly behind the ship.
(d) Looking out into hyperspace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louis disable the instrument panel before Speaker wakes up?
2. What birthday is Louis Wu celebrating at the start of the novel?
3. Why does Nessus have to use a tasp on Speaker?
4. What type of pilot is the ship built for?
5. What color is the Long Shot as it flies through hyperspace?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)