Chapter 1, Louis Wu
1. What birthday is Louis Wu celebrating at the start of the novel?
(a) His 150th.
(b) His 100th.
(c) His 199th.
(d) His 200th.
2. What is a general-address transfer booth?
(a) An inter-demensional time machine.
(b) A public telephone.
(c) A fancy, futurisitic yellow pages.
(d) A public teleportation machine.
3. Why does Louis jump from city-to-city and time zone-to-time zone in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he wants to visit all continents in one day.
(b) To stretch out this birthday day.
(c) He is visiting his top ten favorite cities.
(d) There is no reason, he just wants to have fun.
4. What are Pierson's puppeteers known for?
(a) Their beauty.
(b) Their love of snakes.
(c) Their chivalry.
(d) Their cowardice.
5. Why did the puppeteers disappear?
(a) They could not help it, their planet got sucked into a black hole.
(b) They heard that a galactic core had exploded and would reach them in 20,000 years.
(c) They wanted to conquer other galaxies for themselves.
(d) They were threatened by the Seekers.
This section contains 4,869 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)