|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstance has changed from Act 1 to Act 2?
2. Who enters the conservatory when Isabelle exits in Act 2?
3. What secret does Isabelle reveal to the wrong twin?
4. Why does Messerschmann tell this story to Joshua in Act 3?
5. What secret does Capulet ultimately reveal in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are blackmailed by Hugo in the course of the play? For what sorts of weakness are those characters held accountable by Hugo?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Biblical story of Samson? Is Messerschmann's comparison of himself with Samson an apt one? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Frederic sleep in the rhododendrons beneath the window of his fiancee, Diana? Does this character flaw continue throughout the play? Will he be likely to follow a similar course of action after becoming engaged to Isabelle, or do they have a different kind of relationship?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)