|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patrice and Lady India do what throughout their conversation?
2. Who does Diana order to follow her out of the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the pseudonym of Isabelle's mother?
4. What does Frederic offer to tell Hugo for Isabelle in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Isabelle the heroine of this play? What personal values does she never violate, in spite of the fact that she lied about her true identity throughout most of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What is pig iron? Research its primary uses. Why does it have such an unusual name? How does the involvement of both Messerschmann and Romainville in the pig iron industry affect the outcome of the tangled love relationships in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the behind-the-scenes maneuverings of Hugo and Madame Desmortes. Whose schemes are more convoluted? Whose schemes are ultimately more successful?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)