|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to rescue Isabelle following the duel?
2. Messerschmann offers to pay Isabelle if she agrees to do what?
(a) Join his ballet company.
(b) Leave the chateau.
(c) Marry Frederic.
(d) Marry Hugo.
3. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he is really poor.
(b) That he does not know how to dance.
(c) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(d) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
4. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
(a) Rice without butter or salt.
(b) Noodles with butter and salt.
(c) Rice with butter and salt.
(d) Noodles without butter or salt.
5. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
(a) A young, rich, handsome man.
(b) A married man.
(c) The butler.
(d) An older, wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joshua promise Messerschmann at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
3. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
4. What possibility does Capulet hint at to Madame Desmortes in Act 2?
5. Who enters the conservatory when Isabelle exits in Act 2?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)