|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Isabelle chastise the wrong twin?
(a) His dietary habits.
(b) His wicked plan.
(c) His indecision.
(d) His lack of dancing skills.
2. What is Isabelle's occupation?
(a) Opera singer.
(d) Ballet dancer.
3. What does Isabelle's mother say in Act 3, Scene 1, regarding Romainville's intentions?
(a) He says he will never marry.
(b) He plans to manage Isabelle's ballet company.
(c) He intends to start a new business.
(d) He has agreed to take care of Isabelle and her mother, and maybe marry Isabelle.
4. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
(a) She has personal values that are more important to her than money.
(b) She agreed to Hugo's plan.
(c) She tears up money.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman at the ball.
5. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he does not know how to dance.
(b) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
(c) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(d) That he is really poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the twins?
2. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why is Hugo annoyed with Isabelle at the ball?
4. What does Hugo tell Isabelle at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)