|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One character complains about what at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Her advanced age.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her frustration in love.
2. Who enters the conservatory when Isabelle exits in Act 2?
(a) Isabelle's mother.
(c) Madame Desmortes.
3. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
(a) Noodles with butter and salt.
(b) Noodles without butter or salt.
(c) Rice without butter or salt.
(d) Rice with butter and salt.
4. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
(d) Lady India.
5. What alibi does Hugo give to Diana for where he was while she was in the park?
(a) He was playing billiards.
(b) He was kissing Lady India.
(c) He was eating noodles.
(d) He was taking dance lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joshua announce following his surprise at the actions of Messerschmann and Isabelle?
2. What does Isabelle's mother say in Act 3, Scene 1, regarding Romainville's intentions?
3. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
4. Why is Isabelle sad after her actions with Messerschmann in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Hugo decide to add a new suitor for Isabelle?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)