|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
(a) Lady India.
(c) Madame Desmortes.
2. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
(a) Capulet and Madame Desmortes.
(b) Patrice and Lady India.
(c) Madame Desmortes and Hugo.
(d) Hugo and Isabelle.
3. What is Patrice worried about in Act 2?
(a) Frederic might not marry Diana.
(b) Frederic might marry Diana.
(c) Lady India might fall in love with one of the twins.
(d) Messerschmann might discover his affair with Lady India.
4. Why does Messerschmann intend to commit financial suicide?
(a) To help other people who are less fortunate.
(b) To challenge himself to achieve even greater wealth.
(c) To force his daughter to marry.
(d) To free himself of the burden of money.
5. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
(a) A young, rich, handsome man.
(b) A married man.
(c) The butler.
(d) An older, wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alibi does Hugo give to Diana for where he was while she was in the park?
2. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
3. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
4. Why does Messerschmann make his offer in Act 3 to Isabelle?
5. What does Messerschmann plan to do after committing financial suicide?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)