|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
2. With what information does Hugo blackmail Patrice?
(a) Patrice's love for Diana.
(b) Patrice's love for Madame Desmortes.
(c) Patrice's poverty.
(d) Patrice's affair with Lady India.
3. What does Hugo tell Isabelle at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His plan has failed, and he intends to reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(b) His plan has failed, but he will not reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(c) His plan is finished, and he intends to reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(d) His plan is finished, but he will not reveal Isabelle's true identity.
4. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
(b) Madame Desmortes.
(c) Lady India.
5. Who does Diana order to follow her out of the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Madame Desmortes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
2. In Act 2, what does Hugo ask Patrice to do?
3. What does Isabelle's mother say in Act 3, Scene 1, regarding Romainville's intentions?
4. In what era does the play take place?
5. Why will the new plan make Frederic fall in love with Isabelle?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)