|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
2. Who are the twins?
(a) Frederic and Joshua.
(b) Hugo and Joshua.
(c) Hugo and Romainville.
(d) Hugo and Frederic.
3. How does Isabelle respond to Frederic's offer?
(a) She accepts his offer.
(b) She says there is no longer any need to tell Hugo of her love.
(c) She does not want Hugo to know she is leaving.
(d) She does not want Hugo to know any of her secrets.
4. Which other character is involved in the pig iron industry, without controlling it?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
5. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
(a) She is married.
(b) She feels ill.
(c) That she loves him, not Hugo.
(d) She is leaving the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which twin does Isabelle believe she sees after the fight in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Diana say to her father after Hugo exits in Act 2?
3. Messerschmann is a native of what country?
4. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
5. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)