|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Isabelle respond to Frederic's offer?
(a) She accepts his offer.
(b) She says there is no longer any need to tell Hugo of her love.
(c) She does not want Hugo to know she is leaving.
(d) She does not want Hugo to know any of her secrets.
2. Who hides in a trellis?
3. What secret does Capulet ultimately reveal in Act 2?
(a) Lady India is mistress to two men.
(b) Isabelle is not Romainville's niece.
(c) Diana does not love Frederic.
(d) The ball might be canceled.
4. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
(a) She tears up money.
(b) She agreed to Hugo's plan.
(c) She has personal values that are more important to her than money.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman at the ball.
5. Why does Messerschmann intend to commit financial suicide?
(a) To challenge himself to achieve even greater wealth.
(b) To force his daughter to marry.
(c) To free himself of the burden of money.
(d) To help other people who are less fortunate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
2. What story does Messerschmann tell Joshua?
3. Who does Diana think she saw kissing Isabelle?
4. What does Joshua announce following his surprise at the actions of Messerschmann and Isabelle?
5. Which other character is involved in the pig iron industry, without controlling it?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)