|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
(a) She thinks money can buy her anything she wishes.
(b) She despises the poor.
(c) She pretends not to care about money.
(d) She despises money.
2. What does Messerschmann plan to do after committing financial suicide?
(a) Return to his native country and become a builder.
(b) Stay in France and become a tailor.
(c) Stay in France and become a builder.
(d) Return to his native country and become a tailor.
3. What does Hugo want Isabelle to do following the fake duel?
(a) Marry Messerschmann.
(b) Leave the estate.
(c) Throw herself into the lake.
(d) Throw herself into the rhododendrons.
4. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The ball.
(b) Frederic and Hugo.
(c) The benefits and drawbacks of money.
(d) Hugo's plan.
5. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
(a) Capulet and Madame Desmortes.
(b) Patrice and Lady India.
(c) Hugo and Isabelle.
(d) Madame Desmortes and Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters repeatedly enter and exit in Act 2 while Isabelle stays in the conservatory?
2. What circumstance has changed from Act 1 to Act 2?
3. What alibi does Hugo give to Diana for where he was while she was in the park?
4. Who controls the pig iron industry?
5. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)