|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Isabelle respond to Frederic's offer?
(a) She accepts his offer.
(b) She does not want Hugo to know any of her secrets.
(c) She says there is no longer any need to tell Hugo of her love.
(d) She does not want Hugo to know she is leaving.
2. Who stops the two characters from fighting?
3. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
(a) She feels ill.
(b) That she loves him, not Hugo.
(c) She is leaving the ball.
(d) She is married.
4. What does Diana say to her father after Hugo exits in Act 2?
(a) She wants to leave the chateau.
(b) Her father does not have enough money to buy Hugo's affections.
(c) She wants to marry Romainville.
(d) He should eat something other than noodles.
5. Why will the new plan make Frederic fall in love with Isabelle?
(a) Diana will cancel her engagement with Frederic.
(b) Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
(c) Seeing her amidst the rhododentrons will charm him.
(d) He will think that Isabelle tried to drown herself while mourning the loss of Frederic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diana think she saw kissing Isabelle?
2. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
3. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
4. What does Isabelle's mother say in Act 3, Scene 1, regarding Romainville's intentions?
5. Which twin is insecure around women?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)