|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabelle tell Joshua before she leaves the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She loves Messerschmann.
(b) She has always been wealthy.
(c) She does not need money from Hugo, because Messerschmann has paid her.
(d) She is a dancer.
2. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(b) That he does not know how to dance.
(c) That he is really poor.
(d) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
3. The main character in Messerschmann's story is known for what?
(a) His coat of many colors.
(b) His superhuman strength and prowess.
(c) His cowardice.
(d) His skill as a builder.
4. Messerschmann offers to pay Isabelle if she agrees to do what?
(a) Marry Hugo.
(b) Marry Frederic.
(c) Leave the chateau.
(d) Join his ballet company.
5. Who enters the conservatory when Isabelle exits in Act 2?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
(d) Isabelle's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diana say to her father after Hugo exits in Act 2?
2. What possibility does Capulet hint at to Madame Desmortes in Act 2?
3. What does Joshua say regarding the actions of Patrice and Lady India?
4. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
5. Which twin does Isabelle believe she sees after the fight in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)