|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters repeatedly enter and exit in Act 2 while Isabelle stays in the conservatory?
(a) Hugo and Diana.
(b) Frederic and Diana.
(c) Hugo and Madame Desmortes.
(d) Frederic and Hugo.
2. Which other character is involved in the pig iron industry, without controlling it?
(d) Madame Desmortes.
3. What possibility does Capulet hint at to Madame Desmortes in Act 2?
(a) A couple might elope.
(b) A romantic plot is underway.
(c) A duel might occur.
(d) Madame Desmortes has a secret admirer.
4. What does Frederic offer to tell Hugo for Isabelle in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) That Isabelle is leaving the chateau.
(b) That Isabelle loves Hugo.
(c) That Isabelle loves Romainville.
(d) That Isabelle is engaged.
5. What is Patrice worried about in Act 2?
(a) Frederic might not marry Diana.
(b) Frederic might marry Diana.
(c) Messerschmann might discover his affair with Lady India.
(d) Lady India might fall in love with one of the twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Messerschmann make his offer in Act 3 to Isabelle?
2. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
3. Messerschmann has threatened to do what if Isabelle does not leave the ball at the end of Act 2?
4. Who does Diana think she saw kissing Isabelle?
5. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)