|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabelle tell Joshua before she leaves the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She is a dancer.
(b) She does not need money from Hugo, because Messerschmann has paid her.
(c) She loves Messerschmann.
(d) She has always been wealthy.
2. Why does Messerschmann intend to commit financial suicide?
(a) To help other people who are less fortunate.
(b) To force his daughter to marry.
(c) To free himself of the burden of money.
(d) To challenge himself to achieve even greater wealth.
3. How does Isabelle respond to Frederic's offer?
(a) She accepts his offer.
(b) She says there is no longer any need to tell Hugo of her love.
(c) She does not want Hugo to know she is leaving.
(d) She does not want Hugo to know any of her secrets.
4. In Act 2, what does Hugo ask Patrice to do?
(a) Throw Diana in the lake.
(b) Pose as a suitor of Isabelle's.
(c) Throw Isabelle in the lake.
(d) Pose as a suitor of Diana's.
5. What does Messerschmann come to understand through Isabelle?
(a) The negative power of money.
(b) Isabelle's love for him.
(c) Hugo's plan.
(d) Isabelle's love of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which twin does Isabelle believe she sees after the fight in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
3. Messerschmann offers to pay Isabelle if she agrees to do what?
4. Which other character is involved in the pig iron industry, without controlling it?
5. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)