|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hides in a trellis?
2. Which two characters have a physical fight in Act 3?
(a) Hugo and Romainville.
(b) Frederic and Hugo.
(c) Messerschmann and Romainville.
(d) Isabelle and Diana.
3. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She believes Frederic has been shot.
(b) She does not want to marry anyone.
(c) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
(d) She believes Hugo has been shot.
4. With what information does Hugo blackmail Patrice?
(a) Patrice's love for Madame Desmortes.
(b) Patrice's love for Diana.
(c) Patrice's poverty.
(d) Patrice's affair with Lady India.
5. How does Isabelle respond to Frederic's offer?
(a) She says there is no longer any need to tell Hugo of her love.
(b) She accepts his offer.
(c) She does not want Hugo to know any of her secrets.
(d) She does not want Hugo to know she is leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character in Messerschmann's story is known for what?
2. Who is supposed to rescue Isabelle following the duel?
3. Who does Diana think she saw kissing Isabelle?
4. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
5. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)