|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
(a) She agreed to Hugo's plan.
(b) She has personal values that are more important to her than money.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(d) She tears up money.
2. Why is Isabelle upset by Hugo's announcement at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She does not want the ball to end.
(b) She wants people to know her true identity.
(c) She does not want her mother to know about Hugo's plan.
(d) She will be embarrassed if he reveals her true identity.
3. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
(a) The ball is a waste of money.
(b) It is an aggravation and something she does not enjoy.
(c) She wants to cancel the ball.
(d) She is ready to dance all night.
4. In Act 2, who does Hugo tell Diana that he was with yesterday?
(a) Lady India.
5. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
(b) She believes Hugo has been shot.
(c) She believes Frederic has been shot.
(d) She does not want to marry anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joshua announce following his surprise at the actions of Messerschmann and Isabelle?
2. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
3. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
4. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
5. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)