|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Messerschmann make his offer in Act 3 to Isabelle?
(a) So his daughter will be the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(b) Isabelle's presence is distressing to his daughter.
(c) He thinks she is a talented dancer.
(d) So his daughter can marry Hugo.
2. Patrice and Lady India do what throughout their conversation?
(a) Dance a tango.
(b) Eat canapes.
(d) Have a physical fight.
3. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
(a) She feels ill.
(b) That she loves him, not Hugo.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is leaving the ball.
4. What does Joshua promise Messerschmann at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Diana.
(b) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Isabelle.
(c) He wil try to repair or replace the torn money.
(d) He will make the long distance call when Messerschmann is ready.
5. What does the author call his play?
(a) A charade with music.
(b) An allegory with music.
(c) A charade with twins.
(d) An allegory with twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
2. What is Patrice worried about in Act 2?
3. What secret does Isabelle reveal to the wrong twin?
4. The main character in Messerschmann's story is known for what?
5. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)