|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
(a) She thinks money can buy her anything she wishes.
(b) She despises money.
(c) She pretends not to care about money.
(d) She despises the poor.
2. What does Isabelle's mother say in Act 3, Scene 1, regarding Romainville's intentions?
(a) He says he will never marry.
(b) He intends to start a new business.
(c) He plans to manage Isabelle's ballet company.
(d) He has agreed to take care of Isabelle and her mother, and maybe marry Isabelle.
3. What does Messerschmann come to understand through Isabelle?
(a) Isabelle's love of money.
(b) Isabelle's love for him.
(c) The negative power of money.
(d) Hugo's plan.
4. What alibi does Hugo give to Diana for where he was while she was in the park?
(a) He was eating noodles.
(b) He was playing billiards.
(c) He was kissing Lady India.
(d) He was taking dance lessons.
5. What secret does Isabelle reveal to the wrong twin?
(a) She loves Romainville.
(b) Her lack of money.
(c) She loves Hugo.
(d) Her true identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabelle tell Joshua before she leaves the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. With what information does Hugo blackmail Patrice?
3. Why will the new plan make Frederic fall in love with Isabelle?
4. Messerschmann is a native of what country?
5. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)