|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Messerschmann and Isabelle do following their discussion in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Seek revenge against Hugo.
(c) Leave the chateau.
(d) Tear up his money.
2. Why is Isabelle sad after her actions with Messerschmann in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She does not want to marry Messerschmann.
(b) She could have kept the money.
(c) She wishes no harm to Hugo.
(d) The money could have been given to the poor.
3. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
(a) She is ready to dance all night.
(b) The ball is a waste of money.
(c) She wants to cancel the ball.
(d) It is an aggravation and something she does not enjoy.
4. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
(a) Patrice and Lady India.
(b) Madame Desmortes and Hugo.
(c) Hugo and Isabelle.
(d) Capulet and Madame Desmortes.
5. What does Diana say to her father after Hugo exits in Act 2?
(a) She wants to marry Romainville.
(b) She wants to leave the chateau.
(c) Her father does not have enough money to buy Hugo's affections.
(d) He should eat something other than noodles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Messerschmann has threatened to do what if Isabelle does not leave the ball at the end of Act 2?
2. What does Hugo plan to do with the new suitor for Isabelle?
3. Who enters the conservatory when Isabelle exits in Act 2?
4. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
5. In what era does the play take place?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)