|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic tell Isabelle about Hugo in Act 2?
(a) He is a ladies' man.
(b) He is married.
(c) He is shy around women.
(d) He is having an affair.
2. Why is Isabelle upset by Hugo's announcement at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants people to know her true identity.
(b) She does not want the ball to end.
(c) She does not want her mother to know about Hugo's plan.
(d) She will be embarrassed if he reveals her true identity.
3. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
(a) That she loves him, not Hugo.
(b) She is leaving the ball.
(c) She is married.
(d) She feels ill.
4. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
5. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he does not know how to dance.
(b) That he is really poor.
(c) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(d) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hugo annoyed with Isabelle at the ball?
2. Which twin is insecure around women?
3. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
4. In Act 2, who does Hugo tell Diana that he was with yesterday?
5. Who is supposed to rescue Isabelle following the duel?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)