|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
(a) Hugo and Isabelle.
(b) Madame Desmortes and Hugo.
(c) Capulet and Madame Desmortes.
(d) Patrice and Lady India.
2. What is the pseudonym of Isabelle's mother?
(a) Madame Funela.
(b) Madame Desmortes.
(c) Countess Desmortes.
(d) Countess Funela.
3. Patrice and Lady India do what throughout their conversation?
(a) Eat canapes.
(b) Dance a tango.
(d) Have a physical fight.
4. What does Hugo tell Isabelle at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His plan is finished, and he intends to reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(b) His plan has failed, but he will not reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(c) His plan is finished, but he will not reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(d) His plan has failed, and he intends to reveal Isabelle's true identity.
5. What does Messerschmann come to understand through Isabelle?
(a) Hugo's plan.
(b) Isabelle's love for him.
(c) The negative power of money.
(d) Isabelle's love of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugo decide to add a new suitor for Isabelle?
2. What story does Messerschmann tell Joshua?
3. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
4. What does Isabelle tell Joshua before she leaves the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. For what does Isabelle chastise the wrong twin?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)