|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters have a physical fight in Act 3?
(a) Hugo and Romainville.
(b) Frederic and Hugo.
(c) Messerschmann and Romainville.
(d) Isabelle and Diana.
2. Why is Isabelle upset by Hugo's announcement at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She does not want her mother to know about Hugo's plan.
(b) She wants people to know her true identity.
(c) She does not want the ball to end.
(d) She will be embarrassed if he reveals her true identity.
3. What does Joshua promise Messerschmann at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He wil try to repair or replace the torn money.
(b) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Diana.
(c) He will make the long distance call when Messerschmann is ready.
(d) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Isabelle.
4. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She believes Hugo has been shot.
(b) She does not want to marry anyone.
(c) She believes Frederic has been shot.
(d) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
5. What is Isabelle's occupation?
(a) Ballet dancer.
(d) Opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Isabelle chastise the wrong twin?
2. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
4. What is the pseudonym of Isabelle's mother?
5. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)