|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to rescue Isabelle following the duel?
2. What does Joshua say regarding the actions of Patrice and Lady India?
(a) They have danced their way upstairs.
(b) They have gone to the park.
(c) They are not good dancers.
(d) They are secretly married.
3. One character complains about what at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Her advanced age.
(c) Her frustration in love.
(d) Her dress.
4. In what era does the play take place?
(a) The early 1980's.
(b) The late 1940's.
(c) The early 1880's.
(d) The late 1840's.
5. Why will the new plan make Frederic fall in love with Isabelle?
(a) He will think that Isabelle tried to drown herself while mourning the loss of Frederic.
(b) Diana will cancel her engagement with Frederic.
(c) Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
(d) Seeing her amidst the rhododentrons will charm him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Messerschmann's former profession?
2. What does Frederic offer to tell Hugo for Isabelle in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What story does Messerschmann tell Joshua?
4. In Act 2, who does Hugo tell Diana that he was with yesterday?
5. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)