|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he does not know how to dance.
(b) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
(c) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(d) That he is really poor.
2. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Frederic and Hugo.
(b) Hugo's plan.
(c) The benefits and drawbacks of money.
(d) The ball.
3. Messerschmann offers to pay Isabelle if she agrees to do what?
(a) Marry Hugo.
(b) Join his ballet company.
(c) Leave the chateau.
(d) Marry Frederic.
4. Patrice and Lady India do what throughout their conversation?
(a) Have a physical fight.
(b) Eat canapes.
(d) Dance a tango.
5. What does Joshua promise Messerschmann at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Isabelle.
(b) He will make the long distance call when Messerschmann is ready.
(c) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Diana.
(d) He wil try to repair or replace the torn money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which twin is confident with women?
2. One character complains about what at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does the author call his play?
4. Who hides in a trellis?
5. Why is Isabelle upset by Hugo's announcement at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)