|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pseudonym of Isabelle's mother?
(a) Madame Funela.
(b) Madame Desmortes.
(c) Countess Funela.
(d) Countess Desmortes.
2. With what information does Hugo blackmail Patrice?
(a) Patrice's love for Diana.
(b) Patrice's love for Madame Desmortes.
(c) Patrice's poverty.
(d) Patrice's affair with Lady India.
3. Messerschmann offers to pay Isabelle if she agrees to do what?
(a) Leave the chateau.
(b) Marry Frederic.
(c) Marry Hugo.
(d) Join his ballet company.
4. Who stops the two characters from fighting?
5. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
(a) She agreed to Hugo's plan.
(b) She is the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(c) She has personal values that are more important to her than money.
(d) She tears up money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
2. What does Joshua say regarding the actions of Patrice and Lady India?
3. Who enters the conservatory when Isabelle exits in Act 2?
4. Who kisses Isabelle?
5. Messerschmann has threatened to do what if Isabelle does not leave the ball at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)