|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One character complains about what at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Her frustration in love.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her advanced age.
2. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
(a) She wants to cancel the ball.
(b) It is an aggravation and something she does not enjoy.
(c) She is ready to dance all night.
(d) The ball is a waste of money.
3. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
(a) Madame Desmortes and Hugo.
(b) Capulet and Madame Desmortes.
(c) Hugo and Isabelle.
(d) Patrice and Lady India.
4. Which two characters repeatedly enter and exit in Act 2 while Isabelle stays in the conservatory?
(a) Frederic and Hugo.
(b) Frederic and Diana.
(c) Hugo and Madame Desmortes.
(d) Hugo and Diana.
5. In what era does the play take place?
(a) The early 1980's.
(b) The late 1840's.
(c) The late 1940's.
(d) The early 1880's.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character in Messerschmann's story is known for what?
2. Which twin is insecure around women?
3. Who hides in a trellis?
4. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
5. What does Hugo tell Isabelle at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)