|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(b) She agreed to Hugo's plan.
(c) She tears up money.
(d) She has personal values that are more important to her than money.
2. Why will the new plan make Frederic fall in love with Isabelle?
(a) Diana will cancel her engagement with Frederic.
(b) Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
(c) Seeing her amidst the rhododentrons will charm him.
(d) He will think that Isabelle tried to drown herself while mourning the loss of Frederic.
3. What does Hugo tell Isabelle at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His plan has failed, and he intends to reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(b) His plan has failed, but he will not reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(c) His plan is finished, and he intends to reveal Isabelle's true identity.
(d) His plan is finished, but he will not reveal Isabelle's true identity.
4. Who hides in a trellis?
5. In Act 2, what does Hugo ask Patrice to do?
(a) Throw Diana in the lake.
(b) Pose as a suitor of Diana's.
(c) Pose as a suitor of Isabelle's.
(d) Throw Isabelle in the lake.
6. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
(b) Madame Desmortes.
7. Which twin is confident with women?
8. Patrice and Lady India do what throughout their conversation?
(b) Eat canapes.
(c) Have a physical fight.
(d) Dance a tango.
9. Which two characters have a physical fight in Act 3?
(a) Hugo and Romainville.
(b) Messerschmann and Romainville.
(c) Isabelle and Diana.
(d) Frederic and Hugo.
10. Messerschmann has threatened to do what if Isabelle does not leave the ball at the end of Act 2?
(a) Ruin Isabelle's dancing career.
(b) Ruin Hugo financially.
(c) Expose Isabelle's true identity.
(d) Ruin Romainville financially.
11. Why does Messerschmann intend to commit financial suicide?
(a) To force his daughter to marry.
(b) To free himself of the burden of money.
(c) To help other people who are less fortunate.
(d) To challenge himself to achieve even greater wealth.
12. What does Diana say to her father after Hugo exits in Act 2?
(a) She wants to marry Romainville.
(b) He should eat something other than noodles.
(c) Her father does not have enough money to buy Hugo's affections.
(d) She wants to leave the chateau.
13. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The ball.
(b) Hugo's plan.
(c) The benefits and drawbacks of money.
(d) Frederic and Hugo.
14. Which two characters enter the conservatory first in Act 2?
(a) Madame Desmortes and Hugo.
(b) Capulet and Madame Desmortes.
(c) Hugo and Isabelle.
(d) Patrice and Lady India.
15. Which twin is insecure around women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Messerschmann is a native of what country?
2. What does Joshua promise Messerschmann at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Frederic offer to tell Hugo for Isabelle in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. In Act 2, who does Hugo tell Diana that he was with yesterday?
5. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)