|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isabelle is expected to make the guests believe what?
(a) That she is in love with Joshua.
(b) That she is in love with Romainville.
(c) That she is in love with Hugo and Frederic.
(d) That she is in love with Frederic.
2. What does Isabelle's mother say she told Capulet?
(a) That Hugo loves Isabelle.
(b) That Frederic loves Isabelle.
(c) That Isabelle loves Romainville.
(d) That Isabelle loves Frederic.
3. What secret does Hugo reveal to Madame Desmortes?
(a) Diana and Messerschmann are having an affair.
(b) Lady India and Messerschmann are having an affair.
(c) Diana and Hugo are having an affair.
(d) Lady India and Joshua are having an affair.
4. What is the topic of the joke that upsets Frederic?
(a) Social status.
(c) Confusing the twins' identities.
5. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of Diana?
(a) She is too aggressive for mild-mannered Frederic.
(b) She is having an affair with Hugo.
(c) She is perfect for Frederic.
(d) She is having an affair with Patrice.
6. Why is Patrice wary of Hugo?
(a) Hugo and Patrice love the same woman.
(b) Hugo could reveal his secret to Madame Desmortes.
(c) Hugo could reveal his secret to Messerschmann.
(d) Hugo is having an affair with Patrice's wife.
7. What does the gardener intend to do with the shrubbery?
(a) Sleep in the shrubbery.
(b) Set mouse traps in the shrubbery.
(c) Cut down the shrubbery.
(d) Set wolf traps in the shrubbery.
8. What is Madame Desmortes' primary interest, regarding Isabelle?
(a) Her romantic past.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her lineage.
(d) Her age.
9. What secret is shared by Patrice and Lady India?
(a) They are plotting a murder.
(b) They are impoverished.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are having an affair.
10. Who is in a wheelchair?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
11. Romainville convinces Madame Desmortes of what, regarding Isabelle?
(a) That her relatives are poor.
(b) That she is married.
(c) That her relatives are wealthy.
(d) That all of her relatives are dead.
12. Who gives Isabelle etiquette lessons?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
13. What does Hugo say in Act 1, Scene 2 are his feelings for Isabelle?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He enjoys her sense of humor.
(c) He thinks she is too old for him.
(d) He has no romantic intentions.
14. What is the relationship between Lady India and Messerschmann?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) She is his mistress.
15. Where does Hugo want Isabelle to stay?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At her home.
(d) At the chateau.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Messerschmann make his first entrance?
2. The play takes place in what sort of room?
3. Why does Hugo believe he is a better match for Diana than Frederic?
4. In whose honor is the ball being given?
5. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)