|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
(a) She pretends not to care about money.
(b) She despises money.
(c) She despises the poor.
(d) She thinks money can buy her anything she wishes.
2. What story does Messerschmann tell Joshua?
(a) The Biblical story of Samson and the coat of many colors.
(b) The Biblical story of Samson bringing down the temple columns with his hands.
(c) The Biblical story of Joseph and the coat of many colors.
(d) The Biblical story of Joseph bringing down the temple columns with his hands.
3. What does Patrice do when he enters the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Challenge Romainville to a duel.
(b) Announce that Diana is in the lake.
(c) Announce that Isabelle is in the lake.
(d) Challenge Hugo to a duel.
4. When Frederic appears, what does he ask Joshua?
(a) If Lady India has come down from her room.
(b) If Diana has left the chateau.
(c) If Lady India has left the chateau.
(d) If Diana has come down from her room.
5. What secret does Hugo reveal to Madame Desmortes?
(a) Diana and Hugo are having an affair.
(b) Lady India and Messerschmann are having an affair.
(c) Diana and Messerschmann are having an affair.
(d) Lady India and Joshua are having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic offer to tell Hugo for Isabelle in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Why does Hugo believe he is a better match for Diana than Frederic?
3. Why does Lady India vow to take care of Messerschmann?
4. Who is Romainville?
5. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)