|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugo love Diana in Act 3 when he did not love her before?
(a) Because Madame Desmortes advised him to fall in love.
(b) Because she is the best dancer at the ball.
(c) Because she is now poor.
(d) Because she risked her life by jumping into the lake.
2. What does Diana say to her father after Hugo exits in Act 2?
(a) She wants to leave the chateau.
(b) She wants to marry Romainville.
(c) He should eat something other than noodles.
(d) Her father does not have enough money to buy Hugo's affections.
3. What does Messerschmann come to understand through Isabelle?
(a) Isabelle's love of money.
(b) Isabelle's love for him.
(c) The negative power of money.
(d) Hugo's plan.
4. What does Joshua promise Messerschmann at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He wil try to repair or replace the torn money.
(b) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Diana.
(c) He will make the long distance call when Messerschmann is ready.
(d) He will help Messerschmann win the love of Isabelle.
5. Messerschmann is a native of what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Messerschmann offers to pay Isabelle if she agrees to do what?
2. Who are the twins?
3. What does Joshua announce following his surprise at the actions of Messerschmann and Isabelle?
4. What does Madame Desmortes order Joshua to do in response to what she saw happen out the window?
5. What does Madame Desmortes order Capulet to do in response to what she saw out the window?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)