|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Isabelle afraid in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She fears going to the ball without understanding the real reason for her presence.
(b) Remaining poor.
(d) Tripping over her dress.
2. Who are the twins?
(a) Hugo and Romainville.
(b) Frederic and Joshua.
(c) Hugo and Frederic.
(d) Hugo and Joshua.
3. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She believes Hugo has been shot.
(b) She does not want to marry anyone.
(c) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
(d) She believes Frederic has been shot.
4. When Frederic appears, what does he ask Joshua?
(a) If Lady India has left the chateau.
(b) If Diana has left the chateau.
(c) If Diana has come down from her room.
(d) If Lady India has come down from her room.
5. How does Isabelle respond to Frederic's offer?
(a) She does not want Hugo to know she is leaving.
(b) She says there is no longer any need to tell Hugo of her love.
(c) She accepts his offer.
(d) She does not want Hugo to know any of her secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
2. Why is Hugo annoyed with Isabelle at the ball?
3. Where does Frederic sleep?
4. Who is Romainville?
5. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)