|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Romainville convinces Madame Desmortes of what, regarding Isabelle?
(a) That her relatives are poor.
(b) That she is married.
(c) That her relatives are wealthy.
(d) That all of her relatives are dead.
2. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
(a) Supporting the arts.
(b) She is his niece.
(c) She is poor.
(d) She is his daughter.
3. What sounds are heard offstage during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Thunder and rain.
(d) The orchestra warming up.
4. Messerschmann has threatened to do what if Isabelle does not leave the ball at the end of Act 2?
(a) Expose Isabelle's true identity.
(b) Ruin Hugo financially.
(c) Ruin Romainville financially.
(d) Ruin Isabelle's dancing career.
5. Why is Isabelle a heroine?
(a) She agreed to Hugo's plan.
(b) She has personal values that are more important to her than money.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(d) She tears up money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joshua say regarding the actions of Patrice and Lady India?
2. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
3. Who owns the estate where this play is set?
4. Who are the twins?
5. Which twin is confident with women?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)