|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first topic of conversation in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The upcoming ball.
(b) Frederic's odd sleeping habits.
(c) Affairs of the heart.
2. Patrice and Lady India do what throughout their conversation?
(b) Dance a tango.
(c) Eat canapes.
(d) Have a physical fight.
3. Which character does Isabelle's mother believe is in love with Isabelle?
4. Why is Isabelle sad after her actions with Messerschmann in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She could have kept the money.
(b) She wishes no harm to Hugo.
(c) She does not want to marry Messerschmann.
(d) The money could have been given to the poor.
5. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She believes Frederic has been shot.
(b) She believes Hugo has been shot.
(c) She does not want to marry anyone.
(d) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, what does Hugo ask Patrice to do?
2. Whose joke upsets Frederic?
3. What is the birth order of the twins?
4. What is Isabelle's occupation?
5. Who is in a wheelchair?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)