|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Messerschmann is a native of what country?
2. Who does Capulet say has smuggled his love interest into the ball?
(a) A young, rich, handsome man.
(b) The butler.
(c) A married man.
(d) An older, wealthy man.
3. What topic do Isabelle and Diana discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Frederic and Hugo.
(b) The ball.
(c) The benefits and drawbacks of money.
(d) Hugo's plan.
4. What does Isabelle tell Joshua before she leaves the conservatory in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She loves Messerschmann.
(b) She has always been wealthy.
(c) She does not need money from Hugo, because Messerschmann has paid her.
(d) She is a dancer.
5. Who does Madame Desmortes encourage to dance in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Diana and Hugo.
(b) Lady India and Hugo.
(c) Frederic and Diana.
(d) Hugo and Isabelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Messerschmann intend to commit financial suicide?
2. Messerschmann has threatened to do what if Isabelle does not leave the ball at the end of Act 2?
3. Which two characters have a physical fight in Act 3?
4. Who stops the two characters from fighting?
5. Which twin is insecure around women?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)