|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Frederic and Diana exit the stage in the first scene, who enters?
(a) Patrice and Hugo.
(b) Lady India and Patrice.
(c) Lady India and Joshua.
(d) Madame Desmortes and Joshua.
2. Who enters Act 1, Scene 2 with a guest list?
(c) Madame Desmortes.
3. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
(a) She wants to cancel the ball.
(b) The ball is a waste of money.
(c) It is an aggravation and something she does not enjoy.
(d) She is ready to dance all night.
4. Why is Isabelle sad after her actions with Messerschmann in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She could have kept the money.
(b) She does not want to marry Messerschmann.
(c) She wishes no harm to Hugo.
(d) The money could have been given to the poor.
5. The main character in Messerschmann's story is known for what?
(a) His cowardice.
(b) His skill as a builder.
(c) His superhuman strength and prowess.
(d) His coat of many colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Desmortes react to Hugo's secret?
2. Which character does Isabelle's mother believe is in love with Isabelle?
3. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
4. What secret does Isabelle reveal to the wrong twin?
5. Who owns the estate where this play is set?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)