|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Romainville reluctantly agree to Hugo's scheme?
(a) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Isabelle.
(b) If he doesn't, he will lose his job.
(c) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Diana.
(d) If he doesn't, the ball will be canceled.
2. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She is his niece.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) Supporting the arts.
3. What does Hugo want Isabelle to do/be at the event taking place at the chateau?
(a) Be the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Embarrass Lady India.
(d) Teach the other women how to dance.
4. Lady India is a cousin to whom?
(a) The twins.
(d) Madame Desmortes.
5. Who hides in a trellis?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what information does Hugo blackmail Patrice?
2. Who is supposed to rescue Isabelle following the duel?
3. What is a characters' sarcastic complaint when she is waiting to see the guest list?
4. Who confirms that no one suspects Hugo's plan?
5. What will be Isabelle's reward for doing as Hugo requests regarding the event at the chateau?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)