|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Capulet?
(a) The wife of Messerschmann.
(b) The wife of Patrice.
(c) The daughter of Madame Desmortes.
(d) The companion of Madame Desmortes.
2. For what does Madame Desmortes congratulate Romainville?
(a) For his beautiful niece, Diana.
(b) For his beautiful niece, Lady India.
(c) For his upcoming marriage.
(d) For his beautiful niece, Isabelle.
3. Romainville convinces Madame Desmortes of what, regarding Isabelle?
(a) That her relatives are poor.
(b) That she is married.
(c) That all of her relatives are dead.
(d) That her relatives are wealthy.
4. What is unusual about one character's diet?
(a) The diet consists of noodles with salt but no butter.
(b) The diet consists of noodles smothered in butter and salt.
(c) The diet consists of nothing but noodles, with no butter or salt.
(d) The diet consists of noodles with butter but no salt.
5. Which two characters appear onstage first?
(a) Hugo and the gardener.
(b) Joshua and Hugo.
(c) Joshua and Frederic.
(d) Hugo and Frederic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is asked to help manage the guests at the ball?
2. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of Diana?
3. What secret does Hugo reveal to Madame Desmortes?
4. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
5. How does Romainville lure Isabelle's mother out of the conservatory?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)