|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters Act 1, Scene 2 with a guest list?
(d) Madame Desmortes.
2. Frederic says that he and his brother are different in what way?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their hearts.
3. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of Diana?
(a) She is having an affair with Hugo.
(b) She is perfect for Frederic.
(c) She is having an affair with Patrice.
(d) She is too aggressive for mild-mannered Frederic.
4. What does Hugo want the guests at the ball to think?
(a) That he is already married.
(b) That he is in love with two women.
(c) That he is in love with Lady India.
(d) That he is in love with Isabelle.
5. How does Romainville lure Isabelle's mother out of the conservatory?
(a) He promises her an unfettered view of the arriving carriages and guests.
(b) He pretends to be in love with her.
(c) He asks her to dance.
(d) He offers her some dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugo say in Act 1, Scene 2 are his feelings for Isabelle?
2. With whom does Messerschmann make his first entrance?
3. Who invited the Messerschmanns to visit at the chateau?
4. What plan does Hugo reveal to Isabelle in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Which character has an unusual diet?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)