|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madame Desmortes question about Isabelle?
(a) Isabelle's daughter.
(b) Isabelle's mother.
2. Frederic says that he and his brother are different in what way?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their appearance.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their intelligence.
3. Who owns the estate where this play is set?
(b) Madame Desmortes.
4. Who confirms that no one suspects Hugo's plan?
(d) Madame Desmortes.
5. What does Hugo say in Act 1, Scene 2 are his feelings for Isabelle?
(a) He has no romantic intentions.
(b) He enjoys her sense of humor.
(c) He thinks she is too old for him.
(d) He dislikes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play takes place in what sort of room?
2. At the beginning of the play, which two characters are engaged?
3. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
4. Who travels with Isabelle?
5. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)