|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose joke upsets Frederic?
(b) Madame Desmortes'.
2. At the beginning of the play, which two characters are engaged?
(a) Frederic and Madame Desmortes.
(b) Frederic and Diana.
(c) Hugo and Madame Desmortes.
(d) Hugo and Diana.
3. Who is asked to help manage the guests at the ball?
4. Who does Madame Desmortes encourage to dance in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Hugo and Isabelle.
(b) Diana and Hugo.
(c) Frederic and Diana.
(d) Lady India and Hugo.
5. Romainville convinces Madame Desmortes of what, regarding Isabelle?
(a) That her relatives are poor.
(b) That her relatives are wealthy.
(c) That she is married.
(d) That all of her relatives are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a characters' sarcastic complaint when she is waiting to see the guest list?
2. What does Hugo tell Isabelle about Diana?
3. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
4. What does Hugo say in Act 1, Scene 2 are his feelings for Isabelle?
5. What is the relationship between Lady India and Messerschmann?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)