|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
(a) She is prettier than Isabelle.
(b) She follows a strange diet.
(c) He had asked her to stay out of sight.
(d) He had sent her back to the hotel.
2. Which two characters appear onstage first?
(a) Joshua and Frederic.
(b) Hugo and Frederic.
(c) Joshua and Hugo.
(d) Hugo and the gardener.
3. Where does Hugo want Isabelle to stay?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At her home.
(d) At the chateau.
4. Who is Romainville?
(a) The brother of Madame Desmortes.
(b) The uncle of Diana.
(c) A patron of the arts.
(d) The uncle of Lady India.
5. Why is Patrice wary of Hugo?
(a) Hugo is having an affair with Patrice's wife.
(b) Hugo could reveal his secret to Messerschmann.
(c) Hugo could reveal his secret to Madame Desmortes.
(d) Hugo and Patrice love the same woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of Diana?
2. What is the room filled with?
3. Romainville convinces Madame Desmortes of what, regarding Isabelle?
4. Isabelle is expected to make the guests believe what?
5. What does Hugo say in Act 1, Scene 2 are his feelings for Isabelle?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)