|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Isabelle etiquette lessons?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
2. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
(a) He had sent her back to the hotel.
(b) He had asked her to stay out of sight.
(c) She is prettier than Isabelle.
(d) She follows a strange diet.
3. Why does Romainville hide Isabelle's mother?
(a) To conceal her from her husband.
(b) To conceal her from Hugo.
(c) To conceal her from Madame Desmortes.
(d) To conceal her from her daughter.
4. How does Romainville lure Isabelle's mother out of the conservatory?
(a) He offers her some dinner.
(b) He asks her to dance.
(c) He promises her an unfettered view of the arriving carriages and guests.
(d) He pretends to be in love with her.
5. Who travels with Isabelle?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lady India and Messerschmann?
2. Who is Joshua?
3. What does Hugo tell Isabelle about Diana?
4. Who invited the Messerschmanns to visit at the chateau?
5. Who is asked to help manage the guests at the ball?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)