|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Messerschmann make his first entrance?
(b) Madame Desmortes.
2. Which two characters appear onstage first?
(a) Hugo and Frederic.
(b) Joshua and Frederic.
(c) Joshua and Hugo.
(d) Hugo and the gardener.
3. Why does Romainville reluctantly agree to Hugo's scheme?
(a) If he doesn't, he will lose his job.
(b) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Isabelle.
(c) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Diana.
(d) If he doesn't, the ball will be canceled.
4. What is the topic of the joke that upsets Frederic?
(a) Confusing the twins' identities.
(c) Social status.
5. What secret is shared by Patrice and Lady India?
(a) They are impoverished.
(b) They are engaged.
(c) They are plotting a murder.
(d) They are having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, which two characters are engaged?
2. After Frederic and Diana exit the stage in the first scene, who enters?
3. Why is Patrice wary of Hugo?
4. What is the relationship between Lady India and Messerschmann?
5. Who do Hugo and Romainville discuss in the first scene?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)