|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about one character's diet?
(a) The diet consists of nothing but noodles, with no butter or salt.
(b) The diet consists of noodles with salt but no butter.
(c) The diet consists of noodles with butter but no salt.
(d) The diet consists of noodles smothered in butter and salt.
2. What is the topic of the joke that upsets Frederic?
(b) Social status.
(d) Confusing the twins' identities.
3. The play takes place in what sort of room?
4. What does Hugo want Isabelle to do/be at the event taking place at the chateau?
(a) Embarrass Lady India.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Be the most beautiful woman at the ball.
(d) Teach the other women how to dance.
5. With whom does Messerschmann make his first entrance?
(a) Madame Desmortes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frederic sleep?
2. Who travels with Isabelle?
3. What does the gardener intend to do with the shrubbery?
4. Lady India is a cousin to whom?
5. Why does Romainville reluctantly agree to Hugo's scheme?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)