|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possibility does Capulet hint at to Madame Desmortes in Act 2?
(a) A couple might elope.
(b) Madame Desmortes has a secret admirer.
(c) A romantic plot is underway.
(d) A duel might occur.
2. What is the topic of the joke that upsets Frederic?
(a) Social status.
(c) Confusing the twins' identities.
3. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
(b) Madame Desmortes.
4. What does Joshua announce following his surprise at the actions of Messerschmann and Isabelle?
(a) Hugo wants Isabelle to marry Messerschmann.
(b) Hugo wants to pay Isabelle for her services.
(c) Hugo wants Isabelle banished from the chateau.
(d) Hugo is engaged.
5. Which two characters enter and announce their love in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Frederic and Isabelle.
(b) Frederic and Diana.
(c) Hugo and Isabelle.
(d) Hugo and Diana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo tells Diana that Patrice is in love with whom?
2. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of Diana?
3. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
4. What do the fireworks at the end of the play symbolize?
5. What circumstance has changed from Act 1 to Act 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)