|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, what does Hugo ask Romainville to do?
(a) Introduce Diana as his niece.
(b) Introduce Isabelle as his niece.
(c) Propose marriage to Isabelle.
(d) Propose marriage to Diana.
2. What secret does Capulet ultimately reveal in Act 2?
(a) The ball might be canceled.
(b) Isabelle is not Romainville's niece.
(c) Lady India is mistress to two men.
(d) Diana does not love Frederic.
3. What possibility does Capulet hint at to Madame Desmortes in Act 2?
(a) Madame Desmortes has a secret admirer.
(b) A romantic plot is underway.
(c) A couple might elope.
(d) A duel might occur.
4. Why does Romainville reluctantly agree to Hugo's scheme?
(a) If he doesn't, he will lose his job.
(b) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Isabelle.
(c) If he doesn't, the ball will be canceled.
(d) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Diana.
5. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She does not want to marry anyone.
(b) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
(c) She believes Hugo has been shot.
(d) She believes Frederic has been shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frederic sleep?
2. Which two characters appear onstage first?
3. Who hides in a trellis?
4. Who stops the two characters from fighting?
5. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)