|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Hugo reveal to Madame Desmortes?
(a) Diana and Hugo are having an affair.
(b) Diana and Messerschmann are having an affair.
(c) Lady India and Messerschmann are having an affair.
(d) Lady India and Joshua are having an affair.
2. Why does Romainville reluctantly agree to Hugo's scheme?
(a) If he doesn't, the ball will be canceled.
(b) If he doesn't, he will lose his job.
(c) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Diana.
(d) If he doesn't, Hugo will reveal the affair between Romainville and Isabelle.
3. Who sees Hugo's high potential for marriage?
(c) Isabelle's mother.
(d) Lady India.
4. Frederic says that he and his brother are different in what way?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their intelligence.
5. In the first scene, what does Hugo ask Romainville to do?
(a) Introduce Isabelle as his niece.
(b) Propose marriage to Isabelle.
(c) Introduce Diana as his niece.
(d) Propose marriage to Diana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frederic sleep?
2. The play takes place in what sort of room?
3. Romainville interrupts Hugo and Isabelle with what news?
4. What does Hugo want Isabelle to do/be at the event taking place at the chateau?
5. What excuse does Romainville give for inviting Isabelle to stay in a local inn?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)