|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Romainville?
(a) The uncle of Diana.
(b) The uncle of Lady India.
(c) The brother of Madame Desmortes.
(d) A patron of the arts.
2. What does Hugo want the guests at the ball to think?
(a) That he is in love with two women.
(b) That he is in love with Lady India.
(c) That he is in love with Isabelle.
(d) That he is already married.
3. What is the first topic of conversation in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Affairs of the heart.
(b) Frederic's odd sleeping habits.
(c) The upcoming ball.
4. Who is asked to help manage the guests at the ball?
5. What is a characters' sarcastic complaint when she is waiting to see the guest list?
(a) She might as well have asked to have the chateau rebuilt.
(b) She might as well have asked to have snow in summer.
(c) She might as well have asked to have the lake restocked with carp.
(d) She might as well have asked to have the rhododendrons replaced.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frederic appears, what does he ask Joshua?
2. What does Capulet promise to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is unusual about one character's diet?
4. Who invited the Messerschmanns to visit at the chateau?
5. Who travels with Isabelle?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)