|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Isabelle afraid in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She fears going to the ball without understanding the real reason for her presence.
(b) Remaining poor.
(c) Tripping over her dress.
2. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
(a) Rice with butter and salt.
(b) Noodles with butter and salt.
(c) Noodles without butter or salt.
(d) Rice without butter or salt.
3. Frederic says that he and his brother are different in what way?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their appearance.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their intelligence.
4. Who is in a wheelchair?
(c) Madame Desmortes.
5. Who travels with Isabelle?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose honor is the ball being given?
2. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
3. What is Madame Desmortes' primary interest, regarding Isabelle?
4. Who is Capulet?
5. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)