|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(b) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
(c) That he does not know how to dance.
(d) That he is really poor.
2. What alibi does Hugo give to Diana for where he was while she was in the park?
(a) He was playing billiards.
(b) He was kissing Lady India.
(c) He was taking dance lessons.
(d) He was eating noodles.
3. In Act 2, who does Hugo tell Diana that he was with yesterday?
(b) Lady India.
4. Who controls the pig iron industry?
(b) Madame Desmortes.
5. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of Diana?
(a) She is having an affair with Hugo.
(b) She is having an affair with Patrice.
(c) She is too aggressive for mild-mannered Frederic.
(d) She is perfect for Frederic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabelle declare to Frederic at the ball?
2. Whose joke upsets Frederic?
3. What does Hugo plan to do with the new suitor for Isabelle?
4. Why does Romainville reluctantly agree to Hugo's scheme?
5. What does Hugo say in Act 1, Scene 2 are his feelings for Isabelle?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)