|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
(a) He had asked her to stay out of sight.
(b) He had sent her back to the hotel.
(c) She follows a strange diet.
(d) She is prettier than Isabelle.
2. What is Madame Desmortes' opinion of the ball?
(a) The ball is a waste of money.
(b) She wants to cancel the ball.
(c) She is ready to dance all night.
(d) It is an aggravation and something she does not enjoy.
3. In what era does the play take place?
(a) The late 1940's.
(b) The early 1980's.
(c) The late 1840's.
(d) The early 1880's.
4. For what does Madame Desmortes congratulate Romainville?
(a) For his beautiful niece, Lady India.
(b) For his beautiful niece, Diana.
(c) For his beautiful niece, Isabelle.
(d) For his upcoming marriage.
5. Who is asked to help manage the guests at the ball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic tell Isabelle about Hugo in Act 2?
2. Who enters Act 1, Scene 2 with a guest list?
3. What possibility does Capulet hint at to Madame Desmortes in Act 2?
4. What does Hugo plan to do with the new suitor for Isabelle?
5. How has the scenery changed from Scene 1 to Scene 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)