|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Diana's general attitude regarding money?
(a) She pretends not to care about money.
(b) She despises money.
(c) She despises the poor.
(d) She thinks money can buy her anything she wishes.
2. Why does Hugo decide to add a new suitor for Isabelle?
(a) He is bored with the original plan.
(b) Isabelle is bored with the original plan.
(c) Isabelle does not like Hugo.
(d) To increase Frederic's ardor.
3. For what does Madame Desmortes congratulate Romainville?
(a) For his beautiful niece, Diana.
(b) For his beautiful niece, Lady India.
(c) For his beautiful niece, Isabelle.
(d) For his upcoming marriage.
4. What does Joshua announce following his surprise at the actions of Messerschmann and Isabelle?
(a) Hugo is engaged.
(b) Hugo wants to pay Isabelle for her services.
(c) Hugo wants Isabelle banished from the chateau.
(d) Hugo wants Isabelle to marry Messerschmann.
5. What is the supposed rationale for Isabelle's actions following the duel?
(a) She believes Hugo has been shot.
(b) She believes Frederic has been shot.
(c) She does not want to learn the result of the duel.
(d) She does not want to marry anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Isabelle reveal to the wrong twin?
2. Who are the twins?
3. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
4. Which two characters repeatedly enter and exit in Act 2 while Isabelle stays in the conservatory?
5. Why is Hugo irritated when Isabelle's mother appears after the etiquette lessons?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)