|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana want Hugo to admit in Act 2?
(a) That he saw her in the park yesterday and did not wave.
(b) That he does not know how to dance.
(c) That he is really poor.
(d) That he sneaked up on her in the park yesterday.
2. What dinner order is given to Joshua in Act 2?
(a) Rice with butter and salt.
(b) Rice without butter or salt.
(c) Noodles with butter and salt.
(d) Noodles without butter or salt.
3. Who gives Isabelle etiquette lessons?
(d) Madame Desmortes.
4. Why will the new plan make Frederic fall in love with Isabelle?
(a) Diana will cancel her engagement with Frederic.
(b) Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
(c) Seeing her amidst the rhododentrons will charm him.
(d) He will think that Isabelle tried to drown herself while mourning the loss of Frederic.
5. Who does Madame Desmortes encourage to dance in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Frederic and Diana.
(b) Diana and Hugo.
(c) Lady India and Hugo.
(d) Hugo and Isabelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a characters' sarcastic complaint when she is waiting to see the guest list?
2. In Act 2, what does Hugo ask Patrice to do?
3. Why does Messerschmann make his offer in Act 3 to Isabelle?
4. Who sees Patrice and Lady India in the conservatory?
5. Romainville interrupts Hugo and Isabelle with what news?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)