Act 1, Scene 1
1. The play takes place in what sort of room?
2. What is the room filled with?
(a) Ballroom guests.
(b) Hothouse flowers.
(d) Suitcases and trunks.
3. Which two characters appear onstage first?
(a) Hugo and Frederic.
(b) Joshua and Hugo.
(c) Hugo and the gardener.
(d) Joshua and Frederic.
4. What is the first topic of conversation in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) The upcoming ball.
(c) Affairs of the heart.
(d) Frederic's odd sleeping habits.
5. At the beginning of the play, which two characters are engaged?
(a) Hugo and Madame Desmortes.
(b) Hugo and Diana.
(c) Frederic and Madame Desmortes.
(d) Frederic and Diana.
6. Lady India is a cousin to whom?
(b) The twins.
(d) Madame Desmortes.
7. What is the birth order of the twins?
(a) Hugo is twenty minutes older.
(b) Hugo is ten minutes older.
(c) Hugo is ten minutes younger.
(d) Hugo is twenty minutes younger.
8. When Frederic appears, what does he ask Joshua?
(a) If Diana has left the chateau.
(b) If Diana has come down from her room.
(c) If Lady India has left the chateau.
(d) If Lady India has come down from her room.
This section contains 4,834 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)