1. The play takes place in what sort of room?
2. What is the room filled with?
(a) Hothouse flowers.
(b) Ballroom guests.
(c) Suitcases and trunks.
3. Which two characters appear onstage first?
(a) Joshua and Hugo.
(b) Hugo and the gardener.
(c) Hugo and Frederic.
(d) Joshua and Frederic.
4. What is the first topic of conversation in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Frederic's odd sleeping habits.
(c) Affairs of the heart.
(d) The upcoming ball.
5. At the beginning of the play, which two characters are engaged?
(a) Hugo and Diana.
(b) Frederic and Madame Desmortes.
(c) Hugo and Madame Desmortes.
(d) Frederic and Diana.
6. Lady India is a cousin to whom?
(c) Madame Desmortes.
(d) The twins.
7. What is the birth order of the twins?
(a) Hugo is ten minutes younger.
(b) Hugo is twenty minutes older.
(c) Hugo is ten minutes older.
(d) Hugo is twenty minutes younger.
8. When Frederic appears, what does he ask Joshua?
(a) If Lady India has left the chateau.
(b) If Diana has left the chateau.
(c) If Diana has come down from her room.
(d) If Lady India has come down from her room.
This section contains 4,834 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)