* The entire play takes place in a conservatory with many plants, in a French chateau belonging to Madame Desmortes.
* A butler, Joshua, and a young aristocrat, Hugo, discuss the odd habit of Hugo's twin, Frederic.
* Frederic chooses to sleep in the rhododendron bushes outside the window of his fiancee, Diana.
* Diana Messerschmann and her father, a multimillionaire, are guests at the state of Madame Desmortes.
* Madame Desmortes is the aunt of Hugo and Frederic, and also aunt to the twins' cousin, Lady India.
* Joshua and Hugo attribute Frederic's strange behavior to his emotional temperament and the rapture of love.
* Joshua believes Hugo is more mature than his twin, Frederic, because Hugo is ten minutes older.
* Hugo exits and then Frederic enters -- a necessity throughout the play, because one actor is expected to play the parts of both twins.
* Frederic asks Joshua if his fiancee, Diana...
This section contains 2,407 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)