Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at midday while the Ship is being crewed by the dead men?
2. What are Death and the Woman doing?
3. What leaves the bodies of the crew?
4. What falls into the sea, like lead?
5. What does the Mariner watch in the moonlight?
Essay Topic 1
Personification of inanimate objects is a device used consistently throughout the poem. Explain the significance of the major personifications in the poem (the Sun, the Moon, Death, the Ocean). How does personifying these elements impact the story and the main theme of the story (visible and invisible Natures)?
Essay Topic 2
Present a coherent analysis of the character of Wedding-Guest. Important things to consider include:
1) His unwillingness to listen but compulsion to do so;
2) His fearful interruptions;
3) His actions at the end of the story (not attending the wedding);
4) Waking up the following morning "sadder and wiser."
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the role of the natural world in the poem. Analyze how it is used by characters and forces, why it is significant, in what ways it is important to the advancement of the story, how it is abused, and in what ways it is essential to the story.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)