|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leaves the bodies of the crew?
(a) Angelic spirits.
(b) Demonic spirits.
(c) Strange spirits.
(d) Their souls.
2. When can the Mariner not do again when he awakes after fainting?
(a) Leave the Ship.
3. What sort of weather is occurring when the Ship begins to move?
(d) Gently raining.
4. Who takes pity on the Mariner after he watches the objects in the moonlight?
(a) The Polar Spirit.
(c) A saint.
5. Death is described as the Woman's:
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces are steering the Ship while the Mariner is unconscious?
2. When the Mariner awakes after the Heavenly sleep, what does he "almost" think happens?
3. What does the form of the spirits attract?
4. What is the first strange thing noticed about the movement of the object that approaches the Ship at the Line?
5. Where does the Ship go when the Mariner awakes after fainting?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part IV, what is the Mariner's relationship to prayer?
2. Describe the dice game between Death and Life-in-Death.
3. How does the Mariner's attitude toward his surroundings in Part IV change? What does this prompt?
4. Describe what the Mariner sees when he turns his eyes back to the deck of the Ship, after describing the harbor in Part VI.
5. Describe the death of the crew.
6. Who does the Mariner describe as a "ghastly crew", and why?
7. What are the sounds the Mariner hears towards the end of Part VI, and how are they received by him?
8. What do the two spirits discuss at the end of Part V?
9. What is the Mariner's initial reaction to his surroundings in Part IV? Why is this significant?
10. Why does the Guest interrupt the Mariner in Part V? How does the Mariner respond?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)