|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the Mariner NOT describe seeing when he returns to his country?
(a) The kirk.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) A familiar ship.
(d) A hill.
2. Who is guiding, not steering, the Ship while it is being crewed by the dead men?
(b) The helmsman.
(c) The Mariner.
(d) The Polar Spirit.
3. What comes between the Mariner's Ship and the sun?
(a) The newly arrived ship.
(c) The Polar Spirit.
(d) A sea monster.
4. What objects are at the Mariner's feet during his suffering in Part IV?
(a) The dead.
(b) The sea creatures.
(d) Death and Life-in-Death.
5. What does the person working beside the Mariner say to him?
(a) We are going home.
(d) God bless you.
6. How many men are there in the crew?
7. What do the speakers the Mariner hears while unconscious say is not yet over for the Mariner?
(a) The wedding.
(b) His punishment.
(c) His journey.
(d) His story.
8. What does the Mariner try to do, but cannot?
9. Which color is NOT used to describe the objects the Mariner watches in the moonlight?
(a) Velvet black.
(b) Glossy green.
10. What adjective does the Mariner use to describe the sea and the Ship?
11. When can the Mariner not do again when he awakes after fainting?
(c) Leave the Ship.
12. What do the recently evacuated spirits form?
(a) Points of light.
(b) A giant wave.
(c) A new ship.
(d) A greater Spirit.
13. What happens at midday while the Ship is being crewed by the dead men?
(a) The Mariner becomes ill.
(b) The Ship stops and begins heaving.
(c) The Albatross returns.
(d) The Ship re-enters the polar region.
14. Who claims the crew?
(b) The Mariner.
(d) The Woman.
15. After the Mariner feels unexpected love, what is he able to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shadows does the Mariner see?
2. What falls into the sea, like lead?
3. How does the Ship begin to move after the Mariner wakes from the Heavenly sleep?
4. When does the Mariner faint?
5. What does the Mariner hear after waking from the Heavenly sleep?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)