|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Mariner awakes after the Heavenly sleep, what does he find?
(b) That the corpses of the crew are gone.
(c) His homeland.
2. At what time of day does the Mariner wake up after fainting?
(a) At evening.
(b) In the morning.
(c) At night.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. When the Mariner awakes after the Heavenly sleep, what does he "almost" think happens?
(a) The crew is playing a trick on him.
(b) He is dreaming the whole time.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) The Ship goes back to the land of mist and snow.
4. For how long is the Mariner unconscious after fainting?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three hours.
(c) He does not know.
(d) Three weeks.
5. What comforts the Mariner when he awakes after fainting?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Moon.
(c) A wind.
(d) The Polar Spirit.
6. How many passengers are on the ship that arrives?
7. How does the Mariner describe time after the object hangs around his neck?
8. What do the speakers the Mariner hears while unconscious say is not yet over for the Mariner?
(a) His punishment.
(b) His story.
(c) The wedding.
(d) His journey.
9. Which of the following does the Mariner NOT describe seeing when he returns to his country?
(a) A hill.
(b) The kirk.
(c) A familiar ship.
(d) The lighthouse.
10. All of the sailors, including the Mariner, are mute by extreme thirst. How does he tell them what he sees?
(a) He draws a picture.
(b) He kicks his legs violently.
(c) He writes a note.
(d) Drinks his own blood.
11. The Mariner thinks the objects he watches in the moonlight are:
12. The Mariner prays to God that if he is not awake, then let him be:
(b) Permanently asleep.
(d) Woken up quickly.
13. Whose are the two voices the Mariner hears while unconscious?
(a) Death and Life-in-Death.
(b) The spirits.
(c) Two members of the crew.
(d) The Polar Spirit and the Albatross.
14. How does the Mariner describe the sails of the other ship?
(a) Like bedsheets.
(b) Like clouds.
(c) Like parchment.
(d) Like gossameres.
15. The Mariner's heart is as:
(a) Dry as dust.
(b) Heavy as a stone.
(c) Empty as an abyss.
(d) Cold as ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the Woman whistle?
2. What adjective does the Mariner use to describe the sea and the Ship?
3. What does the Woman win?
4. When can the Mariner not do again when he awakes after fainting?
5. Who is the Mariner eager to see on the rescue boat?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)