|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color shadows does the Mariner see?
2. What comforts the Mariner when he awakes after fainting?
(a) The Sun.
(b) A wind.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The Polar Spirit.
3. All of the sailors, including the Mariner, are mute by extreme thirst. How does he tell them what he sees?
(a) He writes a note.
(b) Drinks his own blood.
(c) He draws a picture.
(d) He kicks his legs violently.
4. What does the person working beside the Mariner say to him?
(a) God bless you.
(b) We are going home.
5. Who takes pity on the Mariner after he watches the objects in the moonlight?
(a) A saint.
(d) The Polar Spirit.
6. What does the Mariner see at the Line?
(a) A ship.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A sea creature.
(d) Another Albatross.
7. What "thousand thousand" things live on?
(b) Angry spirits.
(c) The crew.
(d) Slimy things.
8. What is the first strange thing noticed about the movement of the object that approaches the Ship at the Line?
(a) There is no wind or tide.
(b) It is moving very fast.
(c) It disappears and reappears at random.
(d) It is not floating on the sea.
9. What adjective does the Mariner use to describe the sea and the Ship?
10. Who does the Mariner find himself working beside, "knee to knee"?
(a) His brother.
(b) The captain.
(c) His nephew.
(d) The helmsman.
11. How many days and nights does the Mariner see the curse?
12. What do the speakers the Mariner hears while unconscious say is not yet over for the Mariner?
(a) His journey.
(b) The wedding.
(c) His punishment.
(d) His story.
13. What does the Mariner try to do, but cannot?
14. What happens at midday while the Ship is being crewed by the dead men?
(a) The Ship stops and begins heaving.
(b) The Ship re-enters the polar region.
(c) The Albatross returns.
(d) The Mariner becomes ill.
15. What leaves the bodies of the crew?
(a) Strange spirits.
(b) Their souls.
(c) Angelic spirits.
(d) Demonic spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Mariner eager to see on the rescue boat?
2. When can the Mariner not do again when he awakes after fainting?
3. What sort of weather is occurring when the Ship begins to move?
4. When the Mariner awakes after the Heavenly sleep, what does he "almost" think happens?
5. What do the recently evacuated spirits form?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)