|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Ship's journey begin?
2. What kinds of worlds are implied in the Epigraph?
(a) Old and new.
(b) Natural and supernatural.
(c) Living and dead.
(d) Real and imaginary.
3. Who is the original author of the poem's Epigraph?
(a) Seamus Heaney.
(b) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(c) William Butler Yeats.
(d) Thomas Burnet.
4. Slimy things are seen crawling with legs upon the slimy what?
5. How are the bodies of the crew re-animated?
(a) By angelic spirits.
(b) By Life-in-Death.
(c) By demonic spirits.
(d) By witchcraft.
6. Why are the sailors being becalmed?
(a) As punishment for entering the region of mist and snow.
(b) As punishment for being superstitious.
(c) As punishment for killing the Albatross.
(d) As punishment for blaming the Mariner.
7. What do the boards of the Ship do?
8. Who, are some sailors assured in their dreams, follows the Ship?
(a) The ghost of the Albatross.
(b) Two evil spirits.
(c) The Polar Spirit.
(d) Giant sea creatures.
9. What hangs around the Mariner's neck?
(a) Death's dice cup.
(b) A noose.
(c) A medallion.
(d) The dead Albatross.
10. What does the Guest command the Mariner to do?
(a) Join the wedding procession.
(b) Tell his story.
(c) Let him go.
(d) Prepare the Ship.
11. What do the sailors see in the polar region?
(a) Sea creatures.
(b) Strange animals.
(c) Primitive men.
(d) Only ice.
12. How long is the poem's Epigraph?
(a) Three paragraphs.
(b) Two pages.
(c) Six pages.
(d) A paragraph.
13. Who wins the ancient Mariner?
(a) The Pilot.
(d) The Hermit.
14. What stops the Guest?
(a) The Mariner's eye.
(b) Armed guards.
(c) A locked gate.
(d) A large stone.
15. How many of the men does the Mariner stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does the Mariner meet?
2. Who/what arises on the left of the Ship, from the sea?
3. After the fog lifts, what suddenly happens to the Ship?
4. What other Nature is studied in the poem?
5. What does the Guest initially think of the Mariner?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)