Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Epigraph
1. What is difficult about believing in invisible Natures, according to Thomas Burnet and Samuel Taylor Coleridge?
2. Why is the human mind "always circled around a knowledge of these things" but never attains such knowledge?
3. What does Thomas Burnet mean by saying "it is sometimes beneficial to contemplate, in thought, as in a picture, the image of a greater and better world"?
4. Why is it important for the mind to contemplate the invisible Natures?
5. What does it mean to be "vigilant for truth" and to...
This section contains 1,060 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)