|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, Lines 514-625.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many passengers are on the ship that arrives?
2. What does Thomas Burnet think people ought to do about these natures?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Not study them.
(d) Study them.
3. Who is the author of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"?
(a) John Donne.
(b) William Wordsworth.
(c) Gerard Manley Hopkins.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
4. What forces the Mariner to tell his story to the Hermit?
(a) An agony in his soul.
(b) The promise of food.
(c) A hatred of the Polar Spirit.
(d) He chooses freely to tell his story.
5. What does the Hermit instruct the Mariner to teach others?
(a) To live a solitary life of peace.
(b) To love and reverence all things made by God.
(c) To fight the evil spirits who terrorize man throughout the world.
(d) To never kill animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Guest fear at the beginning of Part IV?
2. What "thousand thousand" things live on?
3. Who alters the text of the poem's Epigraph?
4. How does the Pilot react to the Ship?
5. Where is the Ship after the fog lifts?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)