|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Lines 410-513.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mariner ask the Hermit to do?
(a) To help him bury his shipmates.
(b) To absolve him of his sins.
(c) To repair his boat.
(d) To bring him home.
2. Who is the Mariner eager to see on the rescue boat?
(a) The Hermit.
(b) His wife.
(c) The Pilot's Boy.
(d) The Pilot.
3. Epigraph means:
(a) A quote or citation placed at the beginning of a literary work in order to set a theme for the whole.
(b) A rhyming quatrain with which a poem begins or ends.
(c) A brief letter written by the author of a poem about his work.
(d) A collection of lines from the poem, placed at its beginning to foreshadow themes to come.
4. What do the recently evacuated spirits form?
(a) A new ship.
(b) A giant wave.
(c) A greater Spirit.
(d) Points of light.
5. Who, are some sailors assured in their dreams, follows the Ship?
(a) Giant sea creatures.
(b) Two evil spirits.
(c) The ghost of the Albatross.
(d) The Polar Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are there in the crew?
2. What does the person working beside the Mariner say to him?
3. What comforts the Mariner when he awakes after fainting?
4. What does Thomas Burnet say happens to the mind that does not contemplate the invisible Nature?
5. Who is the author of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)