|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Lines 410-513.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Guest fear at the beginning of Part IV?
(a) That all the crew die.
(b) The rest of the story.
(c) That the Mariner is a spirit.
(d) That the wedding is almost over.
2. What kinds of worlds are implied in the Epigraph?
(a) Natural and supernatural.
(b) Real and imaginary.
(c) Old and new.
(d) Living and dead.
3. Who goes before the bride into the Wedding hall?
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Guest.
4. What does the Mariner see in the moonlight?
(a) Creatures of the great calm.
(c) The Albatross.
(d) The Pilot's boat.
5. Who does the Mariner hear talking while he is unconscious?
(a) The Polar Spirit.
(b) His nephew.
(c) Two spirits.
(d) The crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes upon the Ship when it reaches the Line?
2. When the dead men rise, what is the most significant thing they do?
3. What does the approaching ship resemble?
4. What does the phrase, "Day after day, day after day" suggest?
5. Who is the original author of the poem's Epigraph?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)