|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Lines 83-142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the notes?
(a) To add mystery to the poem.
(b) Historical information about seafaring in the 18th century.
(c) Clarification of the poem's meaning.
(d) To direct the reader's attention to the poem's meter.
2. As what colors does the water appear to burn?
(a) Red, gold, and green.
(b) Green, blue, and white.
(c) Gold, purple, and blue.
(d) Red, orange, and yellow.
3. Thomas Burnet says man must be vigilant of:
4. What distracts the Guest?
(a) An Albatross.
(b) Bridal Music.
(c) The Mariner's beard.
(d) His wife.
5. In what direction does the ship initially sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Epigraph means:
2. What comes upon the Ship when it reaches the Line?
3. When do the Mariner's shipmates "drop down dead"?
4. Who is the author of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"?
5. How long does the good weather last?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)