|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Lines 83-142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase, "Day after day, day after day" suggest?
(a) The persistence of the crew in getting home.
(b) The remorse of the Mariner for killing the Albatross.
(c) The constant flow of the water past the Ship.
(d) The repetitiveness of being becalmed.
2. Why do his shipmates cry out against the Mariner?
(a) For fighting with them.
(b) For killing the Albatross.
(c) For complaining about the cold.
(d) For leading the Ship the wrong way.
3. On what side of the ship does the Sun now set?
(a) The back.
(b) The front.
(c) The left.
(d) The right.
4. How long does the good weather last?
(a) Until the Ship reaches the South Pole.
(b) There is no good weather.
(c) Until Thursday.
(d) Until the ship reaches the Line.
5. Who, are some sailors assured in their dreams, follows the Ship?
(a) The ghost of the Albatross.
(b) The Polar Spirit.
(c) Two evil spirits.
(d) Giant sea creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sailors see in the polar region?
2. What is the name of the learned Jew?
3. Which Ocean is the ship described as entering?
4. What are the notes?
5. What does the Hermit instruct the Mariner to teach others?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)