|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Lines 83-142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the Mariner refreshed?
(a) Angelic company.
2. Who alters the text of the poem's Epigraph?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) William Wordsworth.
(c) Derek Roper.
(d) Thomas Burnet.
3. How does the Albatross die?
(a) The crew forgets to feed the Albatross and it freezes to death.
(b) The Mariner's nephew shoots it with a crossbow.
(c) The Mariner shoots it with his crossbow.
(d) The Albatross is hit by falling ice and drowns in the sea.
4. By what instrument is the Guest distracted?
(a) A bassoon.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) A flute.
(d) An oboe.
5. What distracts the Guest?
(a) His wife.
(b) Bridal Music.
(c) An Albatross.
(d) The Mariner's beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Line"?
2. What do the boards of the Ship do?
3. What are the notes?
4. What two Natures does Thomas Burnet say there are?
5. What is the main theme of the poem?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)