|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Lines 83-142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Mariner's shipmates "drop down dead"?
(a) When the scary ship leaves.
(b) At the rising of the moon.
(c) At the rising of the sun.
(d) At the setting of the sun.
2. Who alters the text of the poem's Epigraph?
(a) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(b) Derek Roper.
(c) William Wordsworth.
(d) Thomas Burnet.
3. What is the relationship between the Guest and the Bridegroom?
(a) Next of kin.
(b) Close friends.
(d) Distant cousins.
4. What is the main theme of the poem?
(a) The adventures of Sea-Travel.
(b) The study of Natures.
(c) The pursuit of Freedom.
(d) The problem of Greed.
5. What adjective describes the eye of the Mariner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the sailors being becalmed?
2. What does the Mariner ask the Hermit to do?
3. What initially changes the sailors' minds about the Albatross, to think negatively of it, after it dies?
4. Where are the men the Mariner meets going?
5. Which of these words best describes the crew?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)