|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Lines 1-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Albatross die?
(a) The Mariner's nephew shoots it with a crossbow.
(b) The Albatross is hit by falling ice and drowns in the sea.
(c) The crew forgets to feed the Albatross and it freezes to death.
(d) The Mariner shoots it with his crossbow.
2. What does Thomas Burnet say happens to the mind that does not contemplate the invisible Nature?
(a) It attains knowledge of the visible natures.
(b) It makes man vigilant for truth.
(c) It keeps a sense of perspective.
(d) It dwindles and thinks only petty thoughts.
3. How is the area into which the Ship first enters, after passing the Line, described?
(a) Calm, humid.
(b) Cold, icy.
(c) Chilly, windy.
(d) Hot, tropical.
4. What stops the Guest?
(a) A large stone.
(b) Armed guards.
(c) A locked gate.
(d) The Mariner's eye.
5. What are the notes?
(a) The contents of the Mariner's journal.
(b) A shorter summation of the poem.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge's notes to himself about the poem.
(d) Thomas Burnet's footnotes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Epigraph means:
2. What other Nature is studied in the poem?
3. Which form of Nature does this poem focus on?
4. At what time of day does the Albatross die?
5. How does the Guest listen to the Mariner?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)