|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Lines 1-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Epigraph help the reader to see in the poem?
(a) The necessity of mercy.
(b) The importance of invisible Nature.
(c) The impossibility of truth.
(d) The value of foresight.
2. What is the relationship between the Guest and the Bridegroom?
(b) Distant cousins.
(c) Next of kin.
(d) Close friends.
3. After reaching the Line, in what direction does the Ship go?
4. What does the ice do to frighten the sailors?
(a) Hiss and sizzle.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Make loud, cracking noises.
(d) Fall in huge sheets into the water.
5. How are the bodies of the crew re-animated?
(a) By angelic spirits.
(b) By witchcraft.
(c) By demonic spirits.
(d) By Life-in-Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Burnet say we must keep a sense of?
2. Which Ocean is the ship described as entering?
3. What is a synonym of the word "Rime" in the poem's title?
4. Where does the Guest sit?
5. What adjective describes the eye of the Mariner?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)