|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Lines 1-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Epigraph help the reader to see in the poem?
(a) The impossibility of truth.
(b) The importance of invisible Nature.
(c) The necessity of mercy.
(d) The value of foresight.
2. What is a synonym of the word "Rime" in the poem's title?
3. What other Nature is studied in the poem?
4. With what is the Mariner refreshed?
(b) Angelic company.
5. In what year is the Epigraph added to the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the learned Jew?
2. What does Thomas Burnet say happens to the mind that does not contemplate the invisible Nature?
3. What comes upon the Ship when it reaches the Line?
4. When do the Mariner's shipmates "drop down dead"?
5. After reaching the Line, in what direction does the Ship go?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)