|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Lines 1-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"?
(a) Gerard Manley Hopkins.
(b) William Wordsworth.
(c) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(d) John Donne.
2. What is the purpose of the notes?
(a) Clarification of the poem's meaning.
(b) To add mystery to the poem.
(c) Historical information about seafaring in the 18th century.
(d) To direct the reader's attention to the poem's meter.
3. Who has the first speaking line?
(a) The Pilot.
(b) The Ancient Mariner.
(c) The Wedding-Guest.
(d) Thomas Burnet.
4. What hangs around the Mariner's neck?
(a) The dead Albatross.
(b) Death's dice cup.
(c) A medallion.
(d) A noose.
5. What comes upon the Ship when it reaches the Line?
(b) The Storm-blast.
(c) Total calm.
(d) The Sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Line"?
2. What does the Epigraph help the reader to see in the poem?
3. When do the Mariner's shipmates "drop down dead"?
4. How many of the men does the Mariner stop?
5. What does the ice do to frighten the sailors?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)