|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Lines 1-82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what arises on the left of the Ship, from the sea?
(a) The Mariner.
(b) The Albatross.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Polar Spirit.
2. Who goes before the bride into the Wedding hall?
(a) Her parents.
(d) The Guest.
3. Who alters the text of the poem's Epigraph?
(a) Thomas Burnet.
(b) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(c) Derek Roper.
(d) William Wordsworth.
4. Where does the Guest sit?
(a) On a stone.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In a chair.
(d) On a bench.
5. What stops the Guest?
(a) A locked gate.
(b) Armed guards.
(c) The Mariner's eye.
(d) A large stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is the Epigraph added to the poem?
2. How long is the poem's Epigraph?
3. Which Ocean is the ship described as entering?
4. What does the Mariner see in the moonlight?
5. What kinds of worlds are implied in the Epigraph?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)