|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lines 143-223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the removal of the curse, what does the Mariner behold?
(a) His native land.
(b) Creatures of the great calm.
(c) The Albatross.
(d) A temple.
2. What is the purpose of the notes?
(a) To add mystery to the poem.
(b) To direct the reader's attention to the poem's meter.
(c) Historical information about seafaring in the 18th century.
(d) Clarification of the poem's meaning.
3. Who has the first speaking line?
(a) The Ancient Mariner.
(b) The Wedding-Guest.
(c) Thomas Burnet.
(d) The Pilot.
4. What is the name of the learned Jew?
(c) Michael Psellus.
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
5. What does the Mariner see at the Line?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A ship.
(c) Another Albatross.
(d) A sea creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction is the Mariner looking when he spots something at the Line?
2. What is the "Line"?
3. What does Thomas Burnet think people ought to do about these natures?
4. What comes between the Mariner's Ship and the sun?
5. What does the approaching ship resemble?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)