|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lines 143-223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Mariner's shipmates "drop down dead"?
(a) At the setting of the sun.
(b) When the scary ship leaves.
(c) At the rising of the moon.
(d) At the rising of the sun.
2. How many parts are there in the poem?
3. Who is the author of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"?
(a) William Wordsworth.
(b) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Gerard Manley Hopkins.
4. How are the bodies of the crew re-animated?
(a) By Life-in-Death.
(b) By witchcraft.
(c) By demonic spirits.
(d) By angelic spirits.
5. What does the Mariner see in the moonlight?
(b) The Albatross.
(c) The Pilot's boat.
(d) Creatures of the great calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what arises on the left of the Ship, from the sea?
2. From where is the Ship followed?
3. Who, are some sailors assured in their dreams, follows the Ship?
4. What does the phrase, "Day after day, day after day" suggest?
5. How high is the ice in the polar region?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)