|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. Of what fruit does Rilke write of in "The Poet Praises"?
2. The commentator remarks in the Introduction, "It should be emphasized that Rilke's language is thoroughly _______."
3. Mood notes in his introduction to Rilke's poetry that the poet was "in no way an _______, nor in his life."
4. What is the title of the poem which begins, "Center, how you draw yourself out"?
a) "Force of Gravity."
d) "From the Cycle: Nights."
5. What does Rilke write of "screams of women" in "Blood-Remembering"?
a) In labor.
This section contains 643 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)