|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dragon-Princess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, with absinthe, "trickle through silent sieves of kisses of bitter essence"?
2. What does Rilke write in Part V of "The Seven Phallic Poems" has "weakened you and me"?
(a) Too strong a love.
(b) Too ample space.
(c) Too strong an adversary.
(d) Too great a distance.
3. In an untitled poem from "Rilke's Poems on Other Difficulties," Rilke writes, "Great star of love's priestesses, which _____ kindles from its own right."
4. Mood notes in his introduction to Rilke's poetry that the poet was "in no way an _______, nor in his life."
5. Who does the commentator compare Rilke's relationship toward sex to in the Introduction?
(a) Robert Frost.
(d) Norman Mailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first collection of poems in "Rilke's Poems on Love" is titled what?
2. What does Mood compare "the wise old age" to in the introduction to "Blood-Remembering"?
3. What does Rilke suggest we do to the possible dangers at hand in life?
4. In "Blood-Remembering," from what comes poetry?
5. In what year did Rilke write "The Seven Phallic Poems"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)