|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dragon-Princess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction to "Rilke's Poems on Other Difficulties," Mood writes that Rilke "began as a bit of a sticky late ______."
2. Of what fruit does Rilke write of in "The Poet Praises"?
3. In the last of the untitled love poems, the poet writes, "Do you feel, distant dear miss, / since you are _______ me."
4. Of what does Rilke write "that so strangely began with such a number of profound and grave transformation" in "Blood-Remembering"?
(a) Of depressions.
(b) Of childhood illnesses.
(c) Of lost loves.
(d) Of painful thoughts.
5. Unlike the characters in Poe's stories, Rilke writes that we are not what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The accompaniment to writing poetry as a subject to Rilke is what?
2. Of what excerpt does Mood write is "the most affirmative passage of nonfiction prose I have ever come across"?
3. What does the poet say in his untitled poem to do with that which, "offers itself to us with starlight"?
4. Rilke writes, as the first lines of "Blood-Remembering," "Ah! but verses amount to so little when one writes them _____."
5. How does the poet refer to childhood days to recall in "Blood-Remembering"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)