|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dragon-Princess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rilke writes in his letters, "Why have they made our sex _______, instead of making it the place for the festival of our competency?"
2. Which poem begins, "See how in their veins all becomes spirit"?
(a) "Greek Love-Talk."
(b) "Woman's Lament I."
(c) "The Seven Phallic Poems."
(d) "The Lovers."
3. In the seventh of "The Seven Phallic Poems," what does the poet write that his "semen climbs gladly like"?
(a) A child.
(b) A tree.
(c) A god.
(d) A tower.
4. "Woman's Lament II" ends with the line, "and the ________ is not in vain."
5. What does Rilke comment in the excerpt from the Introduction that Eros "cannot be"?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose point of view does the passage in "Blood-Remembering" come?
2. What must "one know" in order to write a single verse?
3. The first collection of poems in "Rilke's Poems on Love" is titled what?
4. What does Rilke write of memories of parents in "Blood-Remembering"?
5. What is the title of the poem which begins, "Center, how you draw yourself out"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)