|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dragon-Princess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Rilke write "The Seven Phallic Poems"?
2. Which poem from "Rilke's Poems of Other Difficulties" speaks of a king?
(d) "Greek Love-Talk."
3. What is the only novel that Rilke wrote?
(a) Lessons of a Forgotten Soul.
(b) The Grapes of Wrath.
(c) The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.
(d) Letters to a Young Poet.
4. In what year was Rilke born?
5. In one untitled poem from "Rilke's Poems of Other Difficulties," the poet writes, "Give me, oh earth, pure _____ / clay for the jug of tears."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rilke when he wrote "The Dragon-Princess"?
2. What sculptor had an influence on Rilke's writing?
3. "Woman's Lament II" ends with the line, "and the ________ is not in vain."
4. From what language has the author translated the poems and prose excerpts of "Rilke on Love and Other Difficulties"?
5. One of the shortest of the love poems consists of the following two lines: "Also to affirm even ______ / like a thing."
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)