|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood-Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of the sea does Rilke write of remembering in "Blood-Remembering"?
2. In what year did Rilke write the "Woman's Lament" poems?
3. Who does Rilke say is incapable of such loving as he calls for?
(c) Religious people.
(d) Young people.
4. The commentator remarks in the Introduction, "It should be emphasized that Rilke's language is thoroughly _______."
5. In what amount of time did Rilke write over 1,600 lines of poetry plus a major essay during "the great giving"?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rilke write one "must also have been beside" in "Blood-Remembering"?
2. "Woman's Lament II" ends with the line, "and the ________ is not in vain."
3. In introducing Rilke's love poetry, the commentator notes that the poet's sexual and sensual undertones are mostly overlooked because of the striking impact of what?
4. What is the only novel that Rilke wrote?
5. What does Mood write is the fallacy of expression theory in art?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)