|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood-Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rilke say is incapable of such loving as he calls for?
(b) Religious people.
(c) Young people.
2. Rilke writes in his letters on love, "Once we were ______ in every part, now we are that in one part only."
3. What term describes the following example from "The Seven Phallic Poems"? "Daring landscape, such as an inner-seer/beholds in a crystal ball."
4. What sculptor had an influence on Rilke's writing?
(a) Da Vinci.
5. What does Rilke write that one ought to wait and gather "a whole life long," in "Blood-Remembering"?
(a) Memory and truth.
(b) Sense and sweetness.
(c) Experience and memory.
(d) Age and memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the seventh of "The Seven Phallic Poems," what does the poet write that his "semen climbs gladly like"?
2. Which poem begins, "See how in their veins all becomes spirit"?
3. One poem, using nature imagery, reads, "Cheerful gift from the chillier / mountains / attempts to leap into ____."
4. Rilke writes in his letters, "Why have they made our sex _______, instead of making it the place for the festival of our competency?"
5. In "Rilke's Poems on Other Difficulties," Rilke writes in one poem from 1924, "We are not to know why / this and that _____ us."
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)