|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood-Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rilke write that verses are in "Blood-Remembering"?
2. What does Mood comment that "Blood-Remembering" answers the aesthetic fallacy of?
(a) The yearning for more.
(b) The impatience of youth.
(c) The final judgment.
(d) The expression theory of art.
3. What did the commentator originally call the selections of Rilke's letters which he copied and gave out?
(a) "Rilke on Love."
(b) "The Love Letters."
(c) "Notes on Love."
(d) "Letters of Love."
4. One poem, using nature imagery, reads, "Cheerful gift from the chillier / mountains / attempts to leap into ____."
5. In one of the untitled love poems, Rilke writes, "What fields are fragrant as your ______?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What of the sea does Rilke write of remembering in "Blood-Remembering"?
2. Which poem begins, "See how in their veins all becomes spirit"?
3. What does Rilke write "that rushed along on high and flew with all the stars"?
4. What does Rilke write of memories of parents in "Blood-Remembering"?
5. From what language has the author translated the poems and prose excerpts of "Rilke on Love and Other Difficulties"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)