|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems on Other Difficulties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the artists' colony in Russian where Rilke was further influenced in his writing?
(d) Round Table.
2. Who does the commentator compare Rilke's relationship toward sex to in the Introduction?
(a) Robert Frost.
(d) Norman Mailer.
3. The poem "Gong" makes use of what literary technique?
4. The first collection of poems in "Rilke's Poems on Love" is titled what?
(a) "The Seven Phallic Poems."
(b) "Duino Elegies."
(c) "Rites to Passage."
(d) "Poems to Orpheus."
5. What does Rilke write in Part V of "The Seven Phallic Poems" has "weakened you and me"?
(a) Too ample space.
(b) Too strong a love.
(c) Too strong an adversary.
(d) Too great a distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rilke writes in his letters, "Why have they made our sex _______, instead of making it the place for the festival of our competency?"
2. Which poem from "Rilke's Poems of Other Difficulties" speaks of a king?
3. Over what does the poet write, "we will together contend" in "Greek Love-Talk"?
4. Rilke writes in one letter, "At bottom ______ can help anyone else in life."
5. In what year was Rilke born?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)