|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems on Other Difficulties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term describes the following example from "The Seven Phallic Poems"? "Daring landscape, such as an inner-seer/beholds in a crystal ball."
2. "Woman's Lament II" ends with the line, "and the ________ is not in vain."
3. The poem "Gong" makes use of what literary technique?
4. What literary term applies to the following: "exhaust yourself like a spring"?
5. Rilke's letters are examples of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the earliest figures of feminism who was friends with Rilke?
2. What did the commentator originally call the selections of Rilke's letters which he copied and gave out?
3. What is the only novel that Rilke wrote?
4. In one untitled poem from "Rilke's Poems of Other Difficulties," the poet writes, "Give me, oh earth, pure _____ / clay for the jug of tears."
5. In "From the Cycle: Nights," Rilke personifies "Night" as what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)