|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poems on Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term describes the following example from "The Seven Phallic Poems"? "Daring landscape, such as an inner-seer/beholds in a crystal ball."
2. Who does the commentator compare Rilke's relationship toward sex to in the Introduction?
(b) Norman Mailer.
(d) Robert Frost.
3. One of the shortest of the love poems consists of the following two lines: "Also to affirm even ______ / like a thing."
4. Which poem begins, "See how in their veins all becomes spirit"?
(a) "Greek Love-Talk."
(b) "The Seven Phallic Poems."
(c) "The Lovers."
(d) "Woman's Lament I."
5. In one untitled love poem, Rilke writes, "Drinking would seem too much, too ____, to me"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the commentator say was Rilke's mode of exploration during "the long periods between his well-known great creative bursts of energy"?
2. What literary term applies to the following: "exhaust yourself like a spring"?
3. Which poem begins with the line, "And the last perhaps will not return"?
4. In the introduction to "Rilke's Poems on Love," the commentator states that Rilke's imagery is all what?
5. What does Rilke write that he holds to be "the highest task of a bond between two people"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)