|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople suggest Laudisi is telling them contradictory stories?
2. What is the name of the Police Commissioner?
3. What does Ponza say the townspeople are doing to Signora Frola?
4. What does Ponza say about his second wife in Act 2, Scene 8?
5. Who does the Butler bring in at the beginning of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss who you think is the "mad one" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Why? Use examples from the text to support your belief.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Define the three principal stylistic elements of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate symbol of the play? What does that symbol represent? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)