|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who does Dina say she believes is mad in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Sirelli's role in the setup in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Ponza say about his second wife in Act 2, Scene 8?
5. Who does Sirilli insist was in a sanitorium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate symbol of the play? What does that symbol represent? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)