|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Laudisi is alone in the house in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Ponza accuse Signora Frola of doing to the others when saying his wife's name?
3. From what opera is the music playing in the music room?
4. Which character is introduced in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Laudisi say regarding the documents in Act 2, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate symbol of the play? What does that symbol represent? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character Laudisi with that of the townspeople. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)