|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudisi ask that he go on doing when the townspeople have finished in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who does Amalia say is most certainly the mad one in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who goes to find the Prefect in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is Sirelli's role in the setup in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the townspeople to a traditional Greek Chorus. How are these characters similar? How are they different? What role do they serve to the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pirandello's use of Irony in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)