|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sirelli say the Prefect believes?`
2. What does Ponza do immediately after Signora Frola has left in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What name does Signora Frola give for her daughter in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who does the document say specifically was in a sanitorium?
5. Who says, "Then--neither of them is mad? But, damn it, one of them must be!"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Signora Ponza. Who is this character "ultimately?" How is her appearance the climax of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Conflict" in the play. What is the overarching conflict? What are underlying conflicts? Give examples of these. Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Paradox" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate paradox in the play? How is this illuminated? Where is this paradox presented in the play?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)