|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what opera is the music playing in the music room?
2. Who goes to fetch the ladies in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. How does the Police Commissioner respond to Laudisi's request in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What two things does Laudisi say that they (the townspeople) are faced with in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Paradox" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate paradox in the play? How is this illuminated? Where is this paradox presented in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pirandello's use of Irony in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)