|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudisi suggest may be the case with the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What name does Signora Frola give for her daughter in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Who does Sirelli say the Prefect believes?`
4. Who says, "Then--neither of them is mad? But, damn it, one of them must be!"?
5. What is Sirelli's role in the setup in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate symbol of the play? What does that symbol represent? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pirandello's use of Repetition in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What effect does this repetition serve? How does it work to propel the play forward?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the style of Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Define the three principal stylistic elements of the play.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)