|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is heard from the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What does Ponza accuse Signora Frola of doing to him in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. Who does Agazzi ask to stay with him to meet the Prefect in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who does the Police Commissioner demand to see at once in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the name of the Police Commissioner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Foreshadowing in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Who foreshadows the ending of the play? Where does this foreshadowing take place? Are there other elements of foreshadowing? Define the term in your answer and give examples from the text where this technique is used.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate symbol of the play? What does that symbol represent? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)