|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Excuse me for saying so, but if you're all so convinced that Signora Frola is right, what more do you want?"
2. Which character is introduced in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who is Agazzi speaking to on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the literary technique called by which Laudisi speaks aloud in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Ponza accuse Signora Frola of doing to him in Act 2, Scene 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Foreshadowing in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Who foreshadows the ending of the play? Where does this foreshadowing take place? Are there other elements of foreshadowing? Define the term in your answer and give examples from the text where this technique is used.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pirandello's use of Repetition in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What effect does this repetition serve? How does it work to propel the play forward?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)