|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the Prefect spoken to?
2. What does Ponza claim he was doing in Act 2, Scene 9, regarding his tears?
3. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Laudisi suggest Dina do about the doors in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Who says to Laudisi, "Run along with you. You just want everyone to be as mad as you?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pirandello's use of Repetition in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What effect does this repetition serve? How does it work to propel the play forward?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the moral of Right You Are, If You Think You Are as a parable. What are the elements of parable? How are the characters and realism portrayed in this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pirandello's use of Irony in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)