|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople suggest Laudisi is telling them contradictory stories?
2. Who says, "At best a document might do you some good, it could satisfy your foolish curiosity?"
3. Who does Luadisi say to believe in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who does the Police Commissioner say is with the Prefect in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Laudisi suggest may be the case with the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Right You Are, If You Think You Are to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Conflict" in the play. What is the overarching conflict? What are underlying conflicts? Give examples of these. Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)